The best argument I've seen for legalizing drugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

seen this before. War on Drugs is a joke.

Comment

The only excuse for weed even being remotely illegal is it CAN be a gateway drug. Thats the individual fought though.

Just can't understand how it's illegal when guns, alcohol, prescription pills are legal. Makes no sense!

Comment

Bearing that in mind, here's the best argument I've seen against legalizing drugs.

Checkmate.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Bearing that in mind, here's the best argument I've seen against legalizing drugs.

Checkmate.
              Touche.

I'll add on to that with this:

Ideally...we want guys like the one to the left. A productive, hard working citizen. The guy to the right might be an alright fellow if he cleaned up, got a haircut and found himself a job. What good are these supposed freedom loving people like the guy in the picture you posted....if all they wanna do is use drugs and sit around playing their guitar, begging for change. All it does is grow resentment...prompting someone to do something like this:

Comment

Wait is this thread about "drugs" or just Marijuana

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  It does make a lot of sense, but the only problem is if it doesn't work and gets more people using drugs, you can't reverse that effect. You'd have to make it illegal again and all those newly hooked people would be f**ked and there would be a higher demand more than ever for drugs. Just a possibility. I doubt we are ready to take that kind of risk.
                  Originally posted by res View Post
                  Exactly, and among those new addicts may be a lot of children. That is the issue with making drastic changes to society on the basis of pure theory. That's always been my problem with Libertarianism.

Eddie Burke's ideas are too underrated.
                  Just because drugs are legal doesnt directly correlate with the decay of societal norms. They guy in the video is simply stating that drugs should be fought at the community level...not at the federal level. Which i agree with.

Your community should keep people from doing drugs not your local police.

I dont know of any good father or mother which would allow their child to openly do drugs. Kids today have just as easy of a time to find drugs as they would if they were legal. There would still be an age limit.

Employers would still enforce drug screens, so many people would still not do drugs including me....because i like money.

So essentially...drug addicts would still be drug addicts, recreational drug users would remain recreational, and the non-users would stay non-users.

However it would then be regulated, made safer, and taxed. Which would create jobs, potentially relieve individual tax burdens, and add the economy.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                    It does make a lot of sense, but the only problem is if it doesn't work and gets more people using drugs, you can't reverse that effect. You'd have to make it illegal again and all those newly hooked people would be f**ked and there would be a higher demand more than ever for drugs. Just a possibility. I doubt we are ready to take that kind of risk.
                    Originally posted by res View Post
                    Exactly, and among those new addicts may be a lot of children. That is the issue with making drastic changes to society on the basis of pure theory. That's always been my problem with Libertarianism.

Eddie Burke's ideas are too underrated.
                    I think the key is changing problem from being a criminal issue, towards being a health care issue. For example, despite what every stoner wearing a marijuana leaf tshirt tells you, in Portugal it is still illegal to use/sell drugs. However punishments for being caught do not result in prison sentences now, they involve referrals to drug treatment centers. This has been a resounding success and usage of most illegal drugs has dropped massively. As have cases of HIV and other needle transmitted diseases.

For me thats the key point. Maybe i shouldnt have been so quick to jump on the legalization bandwagon... its mostly the decriminalization aspect that i support.

Originally posted by One_Profiteer View Post
                    Not some goofball pusher.
                    "goofball pushers" are surely your ideal capitalists? They see the demand so they create supply, all for a profit of course. Or do you have to wear a suit and a top hat to be a capitalist?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Checkmate.
                      Where did you get my photo from

Comment

Working...
                      X