No announcement yet.

Most negative styles in boxing today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Manos View Post
    I love boxing. But it seems that a lot of high profile fighters are turning off both the casual and hard core fans with negative, sometimes dirty, and boring styles. Many make millions in high profile fights but decide to take the night off at the fans expense. Others have made a career out of this while receiving rewards and praise from the American media. I made a list of the number of fighters cheating the fans from exciting fights while making a large sums of money. Currently we have:

Timothy Bradley-habitual head butts, boring, ran from Manny Pacquiao
    Devon Alexander(Always boring) Tap and run style
    Zab Judah against Matthysse was a disgrace
    Chad Dawson- boring his entire career
    Floyd Mayweather jr (no need to explain)
    Andre Ward(head butts, excessive holding)
    Bernard Hopkins-the pioneer of boring,dirty tactics, holding
    Shane Mosley-disgraceful performance against Pacquiao
    Kevin Johnson-stunk it up against Vitali Klitschko. Complained about the scoring afterwards

As fans should we boycott these types of fighters and their fights?

Haha we should boycott a fighter for a few bad outings? Have you even seen Hopkins when he was younger? Or Mosley or any of Bradley's other fights? Or young mayweather or zab Judah? The only fighters ill give you credit for is Dawson who can be extremely boring but other then that.. This list sucks.

Comment

I dislike watching the wrestlers, holders, clinchers and holder and hitters the most. Some of them are highly skilled fighters but I still don't like to watch them fight. I used to be a big Hopkins fan in the old days. I think he is an all time great and I wish him all the best. That does not change the fact that his fights these days are terrible to watch for me anyway. Berto is always bear hugging guys while he gets his wind back. Ward is very good but he is a real holder and hitter. Mosley has always been a clincher and a wrestler and a holder and hitter. I don't mind watching Bradley fight. I am not sure if his head butts are intentional or not. Alexander is always making a pop noise for his punches as if they are landing when often his punches are missing. Judah has some decent fights and some real poor fights as well. As far as boycotting their fights, if you don't like them then don't pay to see them.

Comment

Working...
      X