Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What konck out was more shocking Tarver vs. Jones or Marquez vs Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac-Marquez

Comment

In my view, Jones Vs Tarver. Jones seemed almost invincible and had been undefeated for over 50 fights; while Pacquiao has been hurt and was not as much of a suprise as Roy "Superman" Jones Jr being taking out by a sad fighter like Tarver.

Marquez is a great fighter, so I was not competlely suprised by the idea of either of the two had the chance to Knock each other other.

Comment

I was 14 when Roy Jones Jr. got KOed and grew up in the UK, can't really comment on what I found more shocking. I'd imagine that Jones Jr getting iced was more surprising due to his position at the time, it'd be akin to Marquez fighting Pacquiao after his fight with Cotto and then brutally KOing him in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          In my view, Jones Vs Tarver. Jones seemed almost invincible and had been undefeated for over 50 fights; while Pacquiao has been hurt and was not as much of a suprise as Roy "Superman" Jones Jr being taking out by a sad fighter like Tarver.

Marquez is a great fighter, so I was not competlely suprised by the idea of either of the two had the chance to Knock each other other.
          tarver is a sad fighter? he beat the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th guys in the division then beat the lineal champ, then beat the next best contender. what's sad about that? it's not like the guy is baldomir.

Comment

Tarver - Jones 2 defo.

RJJ hadn't ever been beaten (legit) and only dropped once really (he got back up straight away). He had won belts at 160, 168, 175 and heavyweight and when that happened...man. This was RJJ who dominant for a decade, who was KO'd all of a sudden with one punch. Pacs KO loss was very surprising but honestly he had been stopped like that before, well KO'd and he had already been knocked down in that fight.

Comment

Jones was still unbeatable to me when he got knocked out. It's definitely Jones Tarver for me.

Comment

You could say Jones being knocked out was on par with Rahman knocking out Lewis. That's the closest I could come up with under such great pressure.

Comment

Tarver-Jones by faaaaarrrrrrrrr.

Comment

tarver vs jones II knockout was more shocking

jones was at the top of his game. two fights ago he had won a heavyweight title belt and rarely ever lost a round. going into the second fight people chalked up the first fight as a bad night for roy or that he overlooked tarver people thought roy was gonna give tarver the same treatment he gave montell griffin in there rematch but tarver shocked the world

"You got any excuse tonight roy?"

Marquez has been my favorite boxer since 1996 but after the first three fight i saw Marquez land several hard shots on pac that rocked or pushed pac back or started a sequence of unanswered punches landed on pac face by Marquez giving pac himself time to recoperate. So i knew Marquez could hurt pac

Going into the 4th fight between Marquez and pac alot more journalist picked Marquez to win than they did in the third fight. probably had to do with the fact that Marquez schooled pac and got robbed in the third fight.

After 3 fights Marquez proved himself to be the better man in their rivalary and he cemented that fact in the 4th fight

tarver vs jones II > Marquez vs pac IV as far as which one was more shocking

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      To me both were more or less equally shocking.
                      I wasn't so much surprised that Pacquiao got knocked out, I was surprised by the fact that he was knocked out cold. What happened to Jones was flat out stunning as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X