Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather beat 10 (future) Hall of Famers ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one other fact that is left out is that floyd defeated these hofers while they were active champions!

1. Diego Corrales: IBF Champion (stripped before the fight)
    2. Jose Luis Castillo: WBC Champion 135
    3. Arturo Gatti: WBC Champion 140
    4. Zab Judah: IBF Champion
    5. Oscar De la Hoya: WBC Champion 154
    6. Ricky Hatton: IBF Champion 140
    7. Juan Manuel Marquez: WBA WBO Champion 135
    8. Shane Mosley: WBA Champion 147
    9. Miguel Cotto: WBA Champion 154
    10. Genaro Hernandez: WBC Champion 130

Comment

• let's take a look at manny

1. Marco Antonio Barrera: WBC Champion 126 (stripped before the fight)
      2. Erik Morales: not a champion 130
      3. Juan Manuel Marquez: WBC Champion 130
      4. Oscar De La Hoya: Not a Champion
      5. Ricky Hatton: IBO Champion 140
      6. Miguel Cotto: WBO Champion 147
      7. Shane Mosley: Not a Champion

so in looking at manny's hofers defeated 7 is not bad but 3 of them were not in championship level form (Shane, Oscar, Erik), so 4 active hof champions defeated compared to floyds 10

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Tell me, how was shane way past his prime when he came off the greatest win of his career?
        Because Floyd fought him. No really, that's the actual answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
          No, not at all. Mayweather was odds on at all bookmakers and was predicted by all media-Boxing out-lets ect to win a comfortable UD.
          Mosely was given a punchers-chance..out-side of a possible Boxingscene Poll posted by a Mosely fan; no one was picking him to win.
          False.

Plenty picked him.

Mayweather was the favourite obviously. He'd be the favourite no matter who he fights.

But, a long list of people and experts alike picked him to win.

Revising history, at it's very best.

Comment

• Oscar De La Hoya-5

1. Genaro Hernandez: WBC Champion 130
            2. Julio Caser Chavez: WBC Champion 140
            3. Arturo Gatti: not a champion
            4. Hector Camacho: not a champion
            5. Pernell Whitaker: WBC Champion 147

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandish View Post
              I wonder if anyone has beaten more? pac hopkins roy de la hoya
              When I go through their records, I see this:

Roy Jones beat 6 (potential future) Hall of Famers: Hopkins, Toney, McCallum, Virgil Hill, Tarver, Trinidad

Bernard Hopkins beat 6 (potential future) Hall of Famers : Glen Johnson (?), Trinidad, De La Hoya, Tarver, Winky Wright, Roy Jones (rematch)_______I didn't add Pavlik or maybe Jean Pascal cause their careers are still going on.

Oscar De La Hoya beat 5 (potential future) Hall of Famers: Genaro Hernandez, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr, Pernell Whitaker, Hector Camacho Sr, Arturo Gatti.-----I didn't include Mayorga, Fernando Vargas and Felix Sturm and Ike Quartey cause most people would say they are not HOF'ers.

Me and others talked about this subject in the History Section some time ago. We did some research (thanks to users BattlingNelson and Barnburner and IronDanhamza and others) and we came up with this result:
              Ray Robinson beat 10 Hall of Famers
              Henry Armstrong beat 10 Hall of Famers
              Tony Canzoneri beat 9 Hall of Famers
              Ezzard Charles beat 9 Hall of Famers
              Joe Louis beat 8 Hall of Famers
              Tommy Loughran beat 8 Hall of Famers
              Muhammad Ali beat 7 Hall of Famers

Of course this list might not be 100 % correct.

Comment

• When I go through their records, I see this:

Roy Jones beat 6 (potential future) Hall of Famers: Hopkins, Toney, McCallum, Virgil Hill, Tarver, Trinidad

Bernard Hopkins beat 6 (potential future) Hall of Famers : Glen Johnson (?), Trinidad, De La Hoya, Tarver, Winky Wright, Roy Jones (rematch)_______I didn't add Pavlik or maybe Jean Pascal cause their careers are still going on.

Oscar De La Hoya beat 5 (potential future) Hall of Famers: Genaro Hernandez, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr, Pernell Whitaker, Hector Camacho Sr, Arturo Gatti.-----I didn't include Mayorga, Fernando Vargas and Felix Sturm and Ike Quartey cause most people would say they are not HOF'ers.

Me and others talked about this subject in the History Section some time ago. We did some research (thanks to users BattlingNelson and Barnburner and IronDanhamza and others) and we came up with this result:
                Ray Robinson beat 10 Hall of Famers
                Henry Armstrong beat 10 Hall of Famers
                Tony Canzoneri beat 9 Hall of Famers
                Ezzard Charles beat 9 Hall of Famers
                Joe Louis beat 8 Hall of Famers
                Tommy Loughran beat 8 Hall of Famers
                Muhammad Ali beat 7 Hall of Famers

Of course this list might not be 100 % correct.
                this is awesome bro..did you guys break down if the hofer was in championship form or not. alot of people right off older champions like sweet pea when oscar beat him and when oscar beat chavez at 140 both of those guys were still active champs so oscar should get full credit for them..

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  False.

Plenty picked him.

Mayweather was the favourite obviously. He'd be the favourite no matter who he fights.

But, a long list of people and experts alike picked him to win.

Revising history, at it's very best.
                  Seriously. Not sure why that win is being downplayed so much. It is one hell of a win and, for me, legitimized Floyd's resume at 147 and stamped his overall ATG credentials.

Comment

• That was the same Mosley that Nappy Pacquiao ducked with a shameless 142 catchweight demand. (which Mosley eventually agreed to, calling Nappy's bluff, of course Nappy ran like a coward).

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Seriously. Not sure why that win is being downplayed so much. It is one hell of a win and, for me, legitimized Floyd's resume at 147 and stamped his overall ATG credentials.

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                      That was the same Mosley that Nappy Pacquiao ducked with a shameless 142 catchweight demand. (which Mosley eventually agreed to, calling Nappy's bluff, of course Nappy ran like a coward).
                      Sure was. Well after that Margarito performance, very few were in a rush to get in the ring with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X