No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tso Takes First Title on Ricky Hatton's Hong Kong Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tso Takes First Title on Ricky Hatton's Hong Kong Card

Ricky Hatton’s first promotion in Asia was a night to remember. In the co-main event, local hero and rising star Rex ‘Wonderkid’ Tso won a thrilling battle with rock-hard Timur ‘Here Comes Trouble’ Shailezov of Kyrgyzstan. In doing so he claimed the WBC Asia Council Continental super-flyweight belt. Eating enough leather in the first to sink a whole stable of fighters, Rex held on and waged war with his opponent, getting the TKO at 3:00 of the tenth after Shailezov was deemed unfit to continue. That wasn’t his choice. His face a swollen mess, the Kyrgyzstani stayed upright all night, absorbing untold pressure but landing enough to keep Rex in deep water for the duration. Showing huge determination Shailezov only stopped fighting when forced.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good stuff. Glad Hatton's doing something about boxing, but it's in Hong Kong. It's not China haha. I hope we can get some bigger fights in Hong Kong, I'd love to see the buzz around the city and be there.

Comment

Tso's team have missed a big marketing opportunity by not suggesting that he nickname himself "The General"

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        Good stuff. Glad Hatton's doing something about boxing, but it's in Hong Kong. It's not China haha. I hope we can get some bigger fights in Hong Kong, I'd love to see the buzz around the city and be there.
        I guess geography is not your strong suit. The last time I checked Hong Kong was given back to China in 1997 so it is China. Yes, they kind of have a bit more freedom as it appears but the fact is that we can say it's China.

Comment

Awesome - like 24Herbs and I really didn't know that their new mv had Tso included. I always wondered who the boxer was but now I know. For foreigners, here's 24Herbs latest mv which featured Tso:

I'm glad we have our first Champion and soon to be World - let's face it, there's not much competition in the lower weight categories but I hope Tso can lead the way for more of our talented boxers. Forever Hong Kong.

Comment

From what I've heard the night was a big success, let's hope it leads to more boxing in this city!

Comment

nothing trending about it on Yahoo Hong Kong

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                Tso's team have missed a big marketing opportunity by not suggesting that he nickname himself "The General"
                Ha! Ordering some now!

Comment

Working...
                X