No announcement yet.

Who was more shot? Oscar/Manny, Roy/Joe Tyson/Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was more shot? Oscar/Manny, Roy/Joe Tyson/Lewis

I watched all 3 fights this week and the fights LEADING up to them.

Lewis-Tyson.
    This was a past prime ATG against a semi Shot ATG. I actually say 'semi shot' because Mike still had that 1-3 round burst in him and was still a extremely hard puncher. In fact he was pretty dangerous towards the end of his career with a single punch knock out as oppose to his combination punching abilities during his prime.

I honestly feel that if it wasn't Lennox in there but say a Povetkin or even a David Haye, that 2002 version of Tyson might have still caught them.

Shot Level: Semi Shot

Joe Calzaghe-Roy Jones Jr
    Roy was shot to **** in this fight. It's ****ing funny how some people point out that he did 'well' against a shot to shyt Trinidad and made it seem as if Roy was back. Roy was never back, his reflexes were totally gone as was his speed/power/and just overall work rate.

Shot Level: Shot to shyt.

Manny Pacquaio vs Oscar De La Hoya.
    Ya. This one was pretty embarrassing. Oscar was zombie boy in there.
    The Oscar of this fight is probably comparable to the Tyson of the Kevin McBride fight.. (If that)
    That being said Manny was the much smaller man(heading into the fight, ironically he was the bigger man in the ring on fight night) and was a big under dog It's still a good win, simply because of the underdog status, but that was not the real Oscar or even a 'past prime' Oscar.

Shot Level: shot (watched it again, he was actually more weight drained, but I still feel he was shot)
    Oscar against Manny
    25.00%
    Roy Jones against Calzaghe
    46.43%
    Tyson against Lewis
    28.57%
    Last edited by WolfGirl; 11-22-2012, 05:32 AM.

The one thing that deserves mentioning is that although Roy and Tyson were way past their best days, Calzaghe and Lennox were also past theirs. Joe and Lennox were no where near prime either, they were just closer to it than Roy and Tyson.

Manny meanwhile was in the full prime of his career.

Comment

Roy easy. Dumbass floyd huggers will vote for oscar. Tyson hadnt taken the punishment roy took and his skills hadnt deteriorated so much

Comment

Roy was done when he fought Calzaghe. I wish Roy would have retired after his third fight with Tarver. He had a chance to turn that fight around but couldn't pull the trigger at the end. I remember Jordan being there for him in Florida for that fight.

Comment

It was Roy. I want to say Oscar because he was also finished but the weight was also a big problem and more should have seen that coming after he didn't look well at 150 against Forbes.

Comment

roy was KTFO twice by the time he fought cal ***gi

Tyson was really old though

DLH it wasnt the age itself as much as it was the stupid decision to fight at 147 for the first time in 10 years and he overtrained. Fight night Pacquaio weighed more than DLH, that is crazy.

Comment

Also shows you how garbage and extremely overrated cal***gi was. EVERYONE and their grandma knocked out Roy Jones yet near prime cal***gi was unable to stop shot 40 year old Jones. Cal***gi even had the nerve to show boat and brag like decisioning geriatric roy jones was some kind of major accomplishment when everyone else knocked him out.

Comment

ROFL at even putting Oscar on that list, People are intentionally "forgetting" that it was OSCAR WHO CHERRY PICKED MANNY.

Sport pundits and fans kept saying "Manny is gonna get KOed, Oscar is too big BLAH BLAH BLAH".

BTW Roy had no business fighting Calazaghe, he was wayyy past it.

Comment

I voted Jones but Rahman should have been included. He has been shot since Oleg sent him home without a title.

Comment

Roy

Oscar

Tyson

Comment

Working...
                    X