Clear All

Well yes he's on his hot run right now

Perez - DRAW
    Darchinyan - SPLIT DECISION WIN
    Agbeko - MAJORITY DECISION WIN
    Agbeko II - UNANIMOUS DECISION WIN
    Morel - UNANIMOUS DECISION WIN
    MORENO - UNANIMOUS DECISION WIN

In a "what have you fought for me lately" mindset, he's up there P4P...it's simply a nice string of fights for a young fighter...

But still remember that P4P is also about mythical Head 2 Head. It's become more about "who has the hotest win streak or the biggest recent win"...and less about "who would be who if they competed at the same weight class".

Right now, I think Donaire is seen as the guy with the better talent. Mares, a solid fighter, but not necessarily a fighter you look at and say "he could beat ANYBODY"...

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Yeah, both broke the rules, but people in here are talking like Mares was just doing dirty tactics but they never mention that Moreno was also indeed being dirty.
      I guess its the lesser of two evils..... I would rather my head be pushed down and get pushed off instead of having my balls beat on..... But that's just me

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Both are P4P, no question.

Mares and Donaire and now officially the 2 Top guys at 122.
        Yep, Mares is slowly building up one of the best name lists for the little guys. The only guy who has faced better competition consistently is Darchinyan, but he's been fighting top guy after top guy after top guy. Freak.

Mares is building on that and he's still young. This is what it should be like though. Guys as good as Mares, Donaire, Ward, etc etc don't need to take easy fights for title shots. They should be doing it like the old guys. Take easy touches to build ring savvy, experience and to keep sharp while doing the big title fights every 4-6 months. Instead they only fight every 4-6 months as it is and many of the top guys take crappy fights.

Donaire is the only one who needs to step his comp up out of those three though.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I guess its the lesser of two evils..... I would rather my head be pushed down and get pushed off instead of having my balls beat on..... But that's just me
          Yeah but this is boxing, it has some rules and those never say that hitting below the belt is worse than pushing the opponent's head down.

All I'm saying is that both were dirty, for me Mares clearly won 115-111 and I don't think that the ref changed the outcome of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Yawn.

You sound like the same guys who said Mares would get picked apart by Moreno. This thread isn't about a fantasy fight or who wins/loses. This is about how is Donaire #4 or #5 P4P while Mares is not even #10? Donaire is basically listed as P4P cause of 2 KOs that happened ages ago.

Btw Mares was the first guy to KD Moreno and it was a clean KD. He didn't push him, Moreno was trying to hold on not to fall.
            He fought Montiel in 2011, not THAT long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post

Perez - DRAW

In a "what have you fought for me lately" mindset, he's up there P4P...it's simply a nice string of fights for a young fighter...

But still remember that P4P is also about mythical Head 2 Head. It's become more about "who has the hotest win streak or the biggest recent win"...and less about "who would be who if they competed at the same weight class".

Right now, I think Donaire is seen as the guy with the better talent. Mares, a solid fighter, but not necessarily a fighter you look at and say "he could beat ANYBODY"...
              Yeah, absolutely. I don't think Mares can beat Doniare. Could be a great fight, but Mares gets hit too much and is wide open for certain counters, the clearest of which Donaire throws (counter left against Mares' straight/looping right) with unerring accuracy and scary one punch KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                Yeah but this is boxing, it has some rules and those never say that hitting below the belt is worse than pushing the opponent's head down.

All I'm saying is that both were dirty, for me Mares clearly won 115-111 and I don't think that the ref changed the outcome of this fight.
                You admit both were breaking the rules..... One man got deducted a point... Both should have imo....

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post

Perez - DRAW

I believe Moreno was too and he got embarassed. Im just saying. Point deducted or not Mares would've won this fight. Even if he hadn't gotten the KD IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Yeah, absolutely. I don't think Mares can beat Doniare. Could be a great fight, but Mares gets hit too much and is wide open for certain counters, the clearest of which Donaire throws (counter left against Mares' straight/looping right) with unerring accuracy and scary one punch KO power.
                    I think Donaire stops Mares aswell.

I don't see anyone at 122 or below beating Donaire.

Comment

Believe it or not, but Mares gives gives Donaire a run for his money.

I think Mares has the effective aggression that will give Nonito problems.

I'm not fully convinced he can beat Donaire yet. I'd have to watch more tape and fully evaluate.

But as of right now, I think he gives him a run for his money as oppose to Arce who has absolutely no chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X