No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG LIST? Eric Morales or Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I guess Gatti is also greater, as is Mayorga too. Stay stupid....
    But you can also say Leanard/Hearns/Haggle/Duran/SRR/Chavez/ try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I'm not sure what the closeness of this poll is more indicative of, the love for "El Terrible" or the hate for Floyd. I'd say the latter.

If Mayweather manages to go into permanent retirement with that (admittedly overrated) zero intact, his image will only grow in stature. On the other hand, Morales, with the passage of time, will be forgotten to all but the most hardcore fans.

I'm not a Floyd fan at all. I'd love for someone to knock his block off. But that doesn't blind me to Mayweather's glaringly obvious talent and skill, nor to his dominant ascent through several weight categories. Yeah, you can question several aspects of his career and accomplishments, but you can do that with everyone.
      Put it to you like this, if you asked in a poll "Who won when Floyd and Hatton fought?" 80% of the votes would go to Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        morales.....his pac win alone ****s on anything floyd has done..
        Prime Pacquiao, Barrera > anyone in Mayweather's resume

Comment

Morales just barley breaks the top 100,Floyd is top 30 easily i mean come on Floyds resume is superior,has more titles in more divisions,more lineal titles,better record,didnt quit,didnt get ko'd,didnt fail a drug test

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
            Morales just barley breaks the top 100,Floyd is top 30 easily i mean come on Floyds resume is superior,has more titles in more divisions,more lineal titles,better record,didnt quit,didnt get ko'd,didnt fail a drug test
            irrelevant........
            wait you actually think getting a title = greatness? lmaoo

Comment

I find it funny that this is even up for debate. I don't like Floyd either but the hate displayed by people on this site is crazy.

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  irrelevant........
                  wait you actually think getting a title = greatness? lmaoo
                  the people he won his titles from were the top 1 or 2 in his divisions,he beat the best and moslty by domination,morales did not and was knocked out 2 times,quit and doesnt have as many current champs on his resume as floyd,floys also never drug cheated nor was he outboxed by someone like Raheem

Comment

the people he won his titles from were the top 1 or 2 in his divisions,he beat the best and moslty by domination,morales did not and was knocked out 2 times,quit and doesnt have as many current champs on his resume as floyd,floys also never drug cheated nor was he outboxed by someone like Raheem
                    okay now I know you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not only was Morales dominating champions but he would actually engage in wars just to please the audience. Or you don't call what he did to Ayala domination? what about when he was beating Pacquiao and turned south paw in the 12th round? you actually think he had to do that?

The bottom line is you're judging him on performances where he was past it.
                    if you want to compare resumes and accomplishments that's fine.
                    but to say "hurrr Floyd is greater because Morales got Ko'd hurpa" is ******ed

did Floyd ever beat anyone greater than Pacquiao? or Barrera?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      okay now I know you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Not only was Morales dominating champions but he would actually engage in wars just to please the audience. Or you don't call what he did to Ayala domination? what about when he was beating Pacquiao and turned south paw in the 12th round? you actually think he had to do that?

The bottom line is you're judging him on performances where he was past it.
                      if you want to compare resumes and accomplishments that's fine.
                      but to say "hurrr Floyd is greater because Morales got Ko'd hurpa" is ******ed

did Floyd ever beat anyone greater than Pacquiao? or Barrera?
                      Simply put, no, but in it's entirety Floyd beat the better fighters. I'm sure you know that as well, it's not a list I have to go through. Performances play a role as well, both were dominant actually but Floyd more so of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X