No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chagaev Rejects Rumors: Tyson Fury Talk is Premature

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    You're in favour of Tyson Fury going 40 - 0 against the Rogans & McDermotts in this world?

I don't care how old he is, he needs to step-up. He cannot become complacent fighting the level of opposition he is now and he needs to taste what it's like at the top if he is to improve.

You're right, if he doesn't move soon he will never achieve anything in boxing. I doubt he will if he takes his time - but at 24 he can easily re-build from a setback.
    it's deontay wilder that should be doing what you say. fury has beaten a few journeymen(C+) fighters & is ready to take the next step vs a guy like chagaev. it's wilder who needs to step up at 24-0 vs bums. fury is on the right track.

Comment

You're in favour of Tyson Fury going 40 - 0 against the Rogans & McDermotts in this world?

I don't care how old he is, he needs to step-up. He cannot become complacent fighting the level of opposition he is now and he needs to taste what it's like at the top if he is to improve.

You're right, if he doesn't move soon he will never achieve anything in boxing. I doubt he will if he takes his time - but at 24 he can easily re-build from a setback.
      The fact is, at the start of the year the kid was VERY out of shape, and had had family issues with his young daughter being hospitalised, his mind was not on boxing, he was turning up for fights without training and ended up getting droped by Paijick

HE decided to pull himself back, get his conditioning fixed, get focussed and get his head right.

he has had a couple of journeyman opponents, but has improved his conditioning, added switch hitting, improved his jab and punch selection.

the thing is a lot of people would just LOVE for him to go in against a top 5 heavyweight, and LOSE because he is not ready.

unfortunately for them, he is doing the right thing for HIS career, and when he does get to the top, in a year or two, he will be ready.

Comment

I don't really care for Wilder but eventually, his career will be on the rise and he'll probably surpass Fury.

Fury's fought some good opposition but needs to continue the progress and not fight the likes of Martin Rogan. His next opponent has to be credible, he needs to learn if he is to improve.

Fury has had problems outside of the ring with his daughter and has certainly improved his conditioning. But he's still being trained by his Uncle Huey and exhibits huge flaws. Flaws that don't get exposed because the opponents aren't good enough to do so.

Like how Kell Brook suddenly realises he needs a strength & conditioning coach after his fight with Jones. I bet that was a real wake up call for Brook, something which Fury needs.

I don't want Fury in with a top 5 heavyweight yet, he should progress like this;

Ibragimov > Pianeta > Dimitrenko

He needs to be in the mix with contenders by the end of next year.

Comment

Chagaev, former champion, without trainer and promoter? Sad to see that.
          When he won against Valuev, i remember, thousands of people came to cheer him when he returned in Ouzbekistan. He made a fight against Wlad with 60.000 spectators, now he's fighting in front of few hundreds in local gym. Hard to believe.

Comment

Fury-Mormek next.

Comment

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
              Chagaev, former champion, without trainer and promoter? Sad to see that.
              When he won against Valuev, i remember, thousands of people came to cheer him when he returned in Ouzbekistan. He made a fight against Wlad with 60.000 spectators, now he's fighting in front of few hundreds in local gym. Hard to believe.
              ^^^Excellent insight. It is really sad to see this happen to a boxer. So many folks are so quick to dismiss a fighter after one high profile loss. It's the fighters that come back and make statements (Froch, Haye, most recently) that earn even more respect than they had before.

Comment

Steve Bunce: Chagaev too big a leap for Fury

ESPN staff:

Tyson Fury will struggle to make the jump in quality if he does meet Ruslan Chagaev in his next fight, according to Steve Bunce.
                Fury has suggested he is looking at the possibility of facing Chagaev, the former WBA heavyweight champion, later this year for his 20th professional contest.
                The Brit has breezed through his last four against the likes of Vinny Maddalone and Martin Rogan, prompting critics to suggest he is not testing himself against top-level opponents during a key learning stage in his career.
                And Bunce feels that the still-dangerous Chagaev, 33, would teach Fury a few useful lessons - but may prove a bridge too far.
                "Chagaev is a brilliant match-up for Fury, and if Fury were to beat him, it would make him one of the leading contenders in the world," Bunce told ESPN.
                "Chagaev is still a handful and I'd argue it's too big a step up after Fury's recent run of fights - however, if it was promoted and managed correctly, and promoter Mick Hennessy can make it happen, then it would be fine.
                "What you don't want is to fight Chagaev in front of 3,000 at a leisure centre on the edge of town. It's a big fight, so let's make it a big fight.
                "Maybe you go overseas if you need to. You can't have it vanish on an undercard, this is a big event. Wherever Chagaev can fight, that's where it should take place."
                Chagaev's shot, but given Fury's defence, just about any HW is dangerous.

Comment

Does it really take Steve Bunce for people to realise how limited Fury is?

Comment

Does it really take Steve Bunce for people to realise how limited Fury is?
                    we are going to give Fury credit if he beats Chagaev though aren't we......

none of that "he only won cos chagaev was shot" lark

Comment

Working...
                    X