Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prometheus movie discussion (Spoilers Imminent)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Loved this movie and every sci-fi flick Ridley Scott has done. He left questions so the public would discuss and demand another movie. In an interview he stated he hoped to be able to produce at least 1 or 2 more movies. I think many of the questions will be brilliantly answered.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        It was stupid with a stupid plot and with thoughtless dumbassery from start to finish. Categorising people who recognise this fact as being dumb and impatient makes you a pseudo-intellectual. The plot was filled with holes, scientists were charicatures of the sort that a child would find unbelievable, the attempt to tie this movie to the Alien franchise was clumsy and half assed.

This movie appeared in every way to have been an Alien prequel that was changed to not-an-Alien-prequel at the last minute but nobody bothered to rewrite the script.

I don't like to buy pirate movies, I find it unethical. But I might buy a pirate copy of this one, not to watch it, just on general principle.
        lol. All very true.
        I just finished watching it, and the word 'clumsy' came to mind. And it bit off way more than it could chew, and we could digest.

Eye candy, really enjoyable, annoying, silly, and kinda cool. But ultimately, i thought it was a fairly basic story, with some terrible cheesy dialogue and awfully blatant lazy attempts at deep philosophical questions which were totally unnecessary.
        Then i read this thread and realised how much stuff didnt make sense, and how little i care about all the unanswered questions.

Originally posted by ZeeBrah
        Where'd the alien come from out of the guy at the end?
        The giant octopus laid eggs in its stomach.

Didnt it?

Oh, and the old man makeup was ****!
        Charlzie Theron's cold hostility and Daves british pantomime villain snobbery was ****ing annoying.
        And the 5 minute caesarean quickie was so laughable it was awesome.

I expected the film to be worse, but i liked it, and am only disappointed we havent discovered giant hairless albino ancestors in space that give birth to octopuses and aliens from the film Alien.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          There were gaping plot holes. The movie was beautifully filmed, had great effects, some horrific scenes and a whole lot of WTF.

The biomorphs were a weapon created by them and they wanted to test them? The life cycle of biomorphs in the Alien films was fairly simple. Queen lays eggs, face huggers hatch and implant embryos in living organisms, embryos gestate, grow into aliens as appropriate to the situation. Like some species of ant.

Now we're supposed to accept that the life cycle consists of drop of black stuff in a drink infects human male who has sex with a human female then gets set on fire, impregnates the female who gives birth to a squid that becomes a giant massive squid that eats Dr Manhattan who doesn't get et but gives birth to a chestburster but a full grown one.... What!?

Think it through.

Also what is Dr Shaw's PhD in?
          Really all of my questions right here.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeBrah
            I thought, but couldn't be sure. I'm not too informed on alien mating practices, haha.
            He got impregnated by the "Big Squid" which in the Alien movies is called a "Face Hugger" that injects an embryo and few days later burts out of your chest.

They're usually this size though

Comment

Just watched it. Disappointing, but entertaining enough to watch thru. Wont see it again tho. Was hoping for something more intellectual/thought provoking, aswell as good production. Instead, seems i just got a ****ty script thrown together to get a paycheck.

Comment

those 2 scientists (the geologist and the biologist) one would presume must be the best of their respective fields to be chosen for such a massive undertaking as understanding man's origins acted like dumb highschool ****s playing with the snake like creature from the vase...

if it was a film from mcG or michael bay, i would've forgiven it...

but this one is from the director of bladerunner and gladiator for crying out loud... this was an effin' ridley scott film...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  those 2 scientists (the geologist and the biologist) one would presume must be the best of their respective fields to be chosen for such a massive undertaking as understanding man's origins acted like dumb highschool ****s playing with the snake like creature from the vase...
                  if it was a film from mcG or michael bay, i would've forgiven it...

but this one is from the director of bladerunner and gladiator for crying out loud... this was an effin' ridley scott film...
                  I thought that Weyland wanted "dumb" people to do just that while he maintained his own agenda?

Also note that Bladerunner (one of my all time fav. movies) didn't do so well when it was orginally released.

I thought Prometheus was an awesome movie that was purposely made to cause many questions. Scott wants to make 1 or 2 more films that I think will answer all and make people appreciate the first one more.

However on the flip side, the movie is't for everyone. Espeically if you don't like Alien films or Sci-fi in general.

Comment

Despite its flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not the masterpiece I was hoping it would be, but it sets up a sequel quite nicely, and elaborates on the alien universe more than I was expecting.

I'd give it a 7.5. Which could have been an 8 or 9 very easily if the script and plot was a little better thought out, and the actors acted in a more realistic fashion.

Comment

Its like they didn't have any new ideas and chose to try and make out that there was some kind of back story to the previous Alien films.

Comment

Working...
                      X