Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: "Vanes or Wolak to REPLACE Margarito?"

Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito II - Forget about it
    Jack Hirsch is convinced the rematch is off, even if Bob Arum isn't

"The decision has already been made that Margarito will not be licensed for the bout. It was made a while ago" said the source who claims he is quite disgusted that no public announcement has been made yet.

When reached to comment, State Athletic Commission Chairwoman Melvina Lathan was non-committal. That in itself is a tell - tale sign that yes, there is validity to the fight being in danger of not happening.

The big question is why would the NYSAC wait to announce what is inevitable? "It is strictly a question of economics" said the source. "The longer they wait the more money the promotion makes. The show can go on anyway without Margarito." But wouldn't Top Rank the show's promoter, be obligated to offer refunds? "Morally yes, but not legally as long as a show takes place" says the source. "And don't think all parties are not aware of that."

Some of this makes sense, some doesn't. Cotto is a big draw with or without Margarito. His fans would swallow their disappointment at not seeing him get his opportunity for revenge, but would still enthusiastically support him no matter who the opponent was.

Getting someone to step in and replace Margarito on short notice will be much easier than thought. Two names instantly stand out, those being Vanes Martirosyan and Pawel Wolak. Both are in shape.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/BN08/detail.asp?id=2642

i don't think this is true but if bob arum did this .......................

Comment

Anything less than getting James Kirkland in there means you call off everything Vanes is garbage, Wolak should be fighting Delvin

Comment

bob would be laughing all the way to the bank if this is true

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
          Anything less than getting James Kirkland in there means you call off everything Vanes is garbage, Wolak should be fighting Delvin
          I def agree with Wolak should be fighting Delvin. Thats a rematch I want to see and I still think their first fight was fight of the year so far. I wouldnt mind seeing Cotto fight Lara, but Kirkland/Cotto would be the best fight you could make at 154.

Comment

cotto kirkland or gtfo

Comment

kirkland is like a prime mar right now and ann wolf said he would be good to go in a few weeks

Comment

James Kirkland is too big for Cotto. No way he will want to fight Kirkland

Comment

Cotto would destroy Wolak.

I'm not too familiar with Vanes, but from what I remember he lost to Ouma and got a gift decision.

Anne Wolfe said Kirk would be ready in a few weeks. If anne and top rank let's him, I say Kirk goes to NY and smashes Cotto.

Comment

sucks if true.

Comment

Working...
                    X