Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now Alex Ariza is Concerned about Mannys training, "We're not used to this from him."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny if Pac KOs Margs in one round. Roach and Ariza will say, "We had the best training camp of all time!"

Comment

so confusing

Comment

If Manny was actually in sub par shape and Alex Ariza said anything resembling his recent comments he's been making to reporters Freddie Roach would knock his teeth out and fire him on the spot.

Facts
        Marg looked ordinary against a journeyman in his last fight
        and was annihilated by Shane Mosley which led him to a huge stretch of intactivity prior to that. He's made a living out of taking punishment and coming on late which leads to a short career anyway.

at some point (and i'm guessing it came from Bob Arum's mouth) somebody came up with the bright idea of packaging manny's rediculous lifestyle(which he's led for many camps minus membership in congress) into an arguement that an non-competative fight is actually competative because of a lack of conditioning and focus on manny's part

The plusses for this fight:
        Tony looks to be in tremendous shape
        he is not there to collect a paycheck (**** you josh clottey... give me my 60 bucks back and all the years i spent watching you and believing you were a fighter and a warrior.)

manny is fighting a gigantic man with a warriors mentality who once showed the best chin in boxing
        margarito wont stop punching

the negatives..
        The world's best p4p fighter is fighting a man who isn't ranked in the top ten in any division. He's at the end of his career. His punching power is in question(especially if he didnt know about the wraps... why would capetillo lace his glove with plaster without his consent against an opponent who had been defeated by cotto [who tony annihilated, again, plaster or not])
        He hasn't looked good since he fought Miguel Cotto

grrr
        there goes another sixty dollars down the drain
        Last edited by New England; 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          If Manny was actually in sub par shape and Alex Ariza said anything resembling his recent comments he's been making to reporters Freddie Roach would knock his teeth out and fire him on the spot.

Facts
          Marg looked ordinary against a journeyman in his last fight
          and was annihilated by Shane Mosley which led him to a huge stretch of intactivity prior to that. He's made a living out of taking punishment and coming on late which leads to a short career anyway.

at some point (and i'm guessing it came from Bob Arum's mouth) somebody came up with the bright idea of packaging manny's rediculous lifestyle(which he's led for many camps minus membership in congress) into an arguement that an non-competative fight is actually competative because of a lack of conditioning and focus on manny's part

The plusses for this fight:
          Tony looks to be in tremendous shape
          he is not there to collect a paycheck (**** you josh clottey... give me my 60 bucks back and all the years i spent watching you and believing you were a fighter and a warrior.)

manny is fighting a gigantic man with a warriors mentality who once showed the best chin in boxing
          margarito wont stop punching

the negatives..
          The world's best p4p fighter is fighting a man who isn't ranked in the top ten in any division. He's at the end of his career. His punching power is in question(especially if he didnt know about the wraps... why would capetillo lace his glove with plaster without his consent against an opponent who had been defeated by cotto [who tony annihilated, again, plaster or not])
          He hasn't looked good since he fought Miguel Cotto

grrr
          there goes another sixty dollars down the drain
          Being it's an in-house fight at a catchweight, many still have that bitter after taste from the Clottey fight, and are reluctant to pay to watch this one.

Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint like the Pac-Clottey one did.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            Being it's an in-house fight at a catchweight, many still have that bitter after taste from the Clottey fight, and are reluctant to pay to watch this one.

Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint like the Pac-Clottey one did.
            On paper, this is promising to be a great fight with two warriors known NOT to back down and are more than willing to engage.

But in boxing, as we all know, anything can happen.

I'm still buying the PPV though and hope that both fighters will bring it in fight night.

Comment

Never really understood why some fans are so
              concerned about how each fighter does in their
              respective training. As far as I'm concerned, like
              the majority of fans are, fight night is all that
              matters. All I know is that in the olden days we
              don't even know who sparred with who.
              Pacman is not doing well some reports say. In
              some others they're saying the opposite. At the
              end of the day who freaking cares? I guess this
              internets thing changed the way how fans view
              boxing nowadays.

Comment

they say pac is not doing too well...but look at the shape hes in. He looks ripped. You don't get ripped from sitting around talking too the president.

Comment

Working...
                X