Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Listen all you idiots..."sugar" ray Robinson won over 120 professional fights before he finally lost one...let me translate into ***** using ***** math...he's at least 3 times the fighter of Floyd mayweather junior. Science.
    :hahahaha9::hahahaha9::hahahaha9::hahahaha9:

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      Damn Dan you gonna give me a spankin now? Rub it in good because Im sure it wont be our last difference in opinion.
      Nah, I'm not. I think that's already occured.

Here's the thing, I don't even mind you. I can see you're not trolling, I can see your intentions are in the right place. And I can see that you're trying to be reasonable.

But take my advice, just go back, sit down, and learn some more. Because if you come in here and say things like 'Baldomir will beat Greb' and 'Floyd Mayweather can beat Sugar Ray Robinson' and 'We don't know how great Greb was because he wouldn't cross the color line' you are going to crucified, honestly.

The things you say simply aren't reasonable. And many of us in this section have been around this sport for multiple decades. And I don't know about others, but the kind of statments you are making bother me.

I'm not trying to be cruel or disrespectful here, I'm just saying obviously you are more than welcome to join in in this section aswell as anyone can, but atleast have a reasonable knowledge of the history before making the brash and baseless statments that you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
        Listen all you idiots..."sugar" ray Robinson won over 120 professional fights before he finally lost one...let me translate into ***** using ***** math...he's at least 3 times the fighter of Floyd mayweather junior. Science.
        Tell me you aren't a teacher because that would mean Chavez Sr. was over two times the fighter Whitaker was. Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Here's the thing, I don't even mind you. I can see you're not trolling, I can see your intentions are in the right place. And I can see that you're trying to be reasonable.

But take my advice, just go back, sit down, and learn some more. Because if you come in here and say things like 'Baldomir will beat Greb' and 'Floyd Mayweather can beat Sugar Ray Robinson' and 'We don't know how great Greb was because he wouldn't cross the color line' you are going to crucified, honestly.

The things you say simply aren't reasonable. And many of us in this section have been around this sport for multiple decades. And I don't know about others, but the kind of statments you are making bother me.

I'm not trying to be cruel or disrespectful here, I'm just saying obviously you are more than welcome to join in in this section aswell as anyone can, but atleast have a reasonable knowledge of the history before making the brash and baseless statments that you have.
          I think I've been reasonable with him tonight: He asked some serious questions that deserved well thought out answers. I hope I answered them satisfactorally. You know it ain't easy for me to switch out of "attack dog" mode into "scholar" mode :hah9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            It's an example to illustrate the point. Here's another, I've never been to Russia but I have no doubt it exists.....and any video evidence it exist could, in fact, be hearsay as you don't know if that video's been doctored or shot in Antartica for that matter.

The point being, ANY evidence can be written off.....lawyers do that in court all the time: One of the reasons I have contempt for lawyers.

In the kingdom of the blind a one-eyed man is king.

Poet
            Any written US history can be written off til you dig a little deeper. Thats a fact but I dont want to get off subject. Why the silly saying though. Its just fluff.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Its no shame in being wrong every blue moon. Atleast not to me. And a reality is you dont mind being disrespectful at all. My feeling dont get hurt. If I learn something in the process of an adult conversation "thanks" and I move on. Besides its been times I've had that ass before so dont get all high and mighty on me.

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            I think I've been reasonable with him tonight: He asked some serious questions that deserved well thought out answers. I hope I answered them satisfactorally. You know it ain't easy for me to switch out of "attack dog" mode into "scholar" mode :hah9:

Poet
            I always ask reasonable questions and remain respectful. Its you that throws the tantrums and starts the childish name calling and dodging. Keep it real. Dont put that on me because you got a teammate and you feeling yourself. As far as I'm concerned you haven't added anything to my boxing knowledge since the first conversation we ever had. I can recall you attempting to talk over my head in failed try after failed try.

Comment

Its no shame in being wrong every blue moon. Atleast not to me. And a reality is you dont mind being disrespectful at all. My feeling dont get hurt. If I learn something in the process of an adult conversation "thanks" and I move on. Besides its been times I've had that ass before so dont get all high and mighty on me.
              Like I just stated. When you say the things you say which is a clear lack of knowledge, it bothers me. So yeah, I may be disrespectful off the cuff like that. But again, as I just stated, I'm not trying to be disrespectful... It seems you aren't comprehending the post.

I'm not sure I understand that last sentance so I'm just going to choose to ignore it.

I'm not getting high and mighty on you...I'm giving you simple words of advice from a regular poster in this section to a new one. Take it or leave it.

Comment

• Tell me you're playing! You gotta be kidding me. Floyd would be lucky to make it till the end of the fight. Robinson walks through everything Floyd throws at him and just beats him down. Shoulder rolls don't work against a guy with one punch KO power in either hand who throws 4 or 5 punch combinations to the body with full power behind them and then finishes with left hooks.

Robinson had an iron chin,speed,one punch KO power in both hands, stamina, could box, could brawl, could counter, & had the killer instinct of a pitbull so there's no way in hell that Floyd beats him.

He gets stopped brutally cause Robinson would beat him to the body, the chest, the arms, elbows, shoulders, face, everywhere, he would just maul him!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Like I just stated. When you say the things you say which is a clear lack of knowledge, it bothers me. So yeah, I may be disrespectful off the cuff like that. But again, as I just stated, I'm not trying to be disrespectful... It seems you aren't comprehending the post.

I'm not sure I understand that last sentance so I'm just going to choose to ignore it.

I'm not getting high and mighty on you...I'm giving you simple words of advice from a regular poster in this section to a new one. Take it or leave it.
                  Thank you buddy. But if I comprehend correctly then what you're telling me is that you dont have any thought process that comes between having a disrespectful thought and typing those keys on the computer. Its just automatic. But its cool. I have given respect to you where its due and challenged on the things I dont agree with. I'll continue to do both. peace.

Comment

Any written US history can be written off til you dig a little deeper. Thats a fact but I dont want to get off subject. Why the silly saying though. Its just fluff.

I always ask reasonable questions and remain respectful. Its you that throws the tantrums and starts the childish name calling and dodging. Keep it real. Dont put that on me because you got a teammate and you feeling yourself. As far as I'm concerned you haven't added anything to my boxing knowledge since the first conversation we ever had. I can recall you attempting to talk over my head in failed try after failed try.
                    :rolleyes9: Hey IronDan? Next time I get it into my head to take the time to take guys like these seriously please remind me that it's a pointless and thankless endeavour :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      :rolleyes9: Hey IronDan? Next time I get it into my head to take the time to take guys like these seriously please remind me that it's a pointless and thankless endeavour :rolleyes9:

Poet
                      You're not as bright as you think you are and your examples are always horrible so what are you hangin your hat on friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X