Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui Will Push For No-Contest, Dirrell Rematch Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Uzcategui Will Push For No-Contest, Dirrell Rematch Order

Fernando Beltrn, CEO of Zanfer Promotions, described the physical aggression suffered by his boxer, Venezuelan Jose Uzcategui, as a "painful" and "cowardly" act. The incident took place after his fighter was disqualified for hitting super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell after the bell on Saturday night in Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That punch was right on the bell and his team reacted like they just watched him get curbstomped.

It should definitely be a NC.

Comment

By all means press charges against Lawson for assault.

But the DQ was deserved, he landed that punch after the bell and had already received a warning earlier for another punch that also landed late. Can't be fighting dirty like that.

Comment

**** Dirrell and his whole team! A bunch of coward ass b itches!

Comment

As a long time Dirrell fan (ask me about the time Anthony got 2nd at the Michigan Golden Gloves), but a guy who also bet on Jose & already lost my money (if I can't be impartial at this point idk who can), I definitely think this should be a No Contest.

It was clearly an unintentional hit after the bell that wasn't a blatant move. Jose was in the middle of a 3 punch combo. The 2nd punch, landed before the bell, would have probably had Andre having trouble walking back to the corner & perhaps even getting him to fall post bell rining. As played doe the 3rd punch hit him mere milliseconds after the bell rung & wasn't a punch I could say with much confidence if any confidence that it could have been stopped without landing on him & its possible he might have even tried to slow it down for all I know.

I'd love for the stupid IBF to make some sorta call on this as the WBC has already called for a suspension on Lawson being involved in any WBC fight. The IBF could at least make some call on this being a rematch, which I say it should be NC or nah, & they should also be among the first to suspend Lawson along with the Maryland commission.

Comment

Unless they can prove a payoff or something nefarious the ref decision should be final like always. It is a judgement call which is something that could easily be argued, and you would be having pretty much every fight get argued to get changed based on odd judgement (or even non-call) a ref makes which happen every fight. Slippery slope no need to even go that route.

If they want to order a rematch that would be cool though because a DQ win is not a real win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

But the DQ was deserved, he landed that punch after the bell and had already received a warning earlier for another punch that also landed late. Can't be fighting dirty like that.
              Man he started the combo before the bell. And what do they say??? Defend yourself at ALL times. ANDRE was put on queer street after the 1st punch, second had him dazed and confused, the 3rd didn't even do much damage.

I've seen boxers hit each other all the TIME right at the bell. Why I've even seen them both get 1-2 more shots in EACH after the bell.

The ref. Told him stay down.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

He was behind him and spoke in English. The ref. SUKS!!! Did a SHT job.

Plain and simple Andre gonna lose the rematch. He don't want a rematch. He already got his bell rung and got saved by a DQ.

Comment

only thing dirrell won was an oscar nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Man he started the combo before the bell. And what do they say??? Defend yourself at ALL times. ANDRE was put on queer street after the 1st punch, second had him dazed and confused, the 3rd didn't even do much damage.

I've seen boxers hit each other all the TIME right at the bell. Why I've even seen them both get 1-2 more shots in EACH after the bell.

The ref. Told him stay down.
                    By this logic, every fighter should wait until a second left in the round and fire off a 3 to 4 punch combo. It's not the referees job to adjudicate intent. If you hit a fighter low after a warning...you get a point deduction; intentional or not. It's unfortunate in this situation because the kid was coming on in that round and just needed 1 more tick on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                    X