No announcement yet.

Chris Cornell Dead!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    keith richards should be dead several times over. the guy looks like he's been embalmed. i know he used a ton of heroin, and it was actually enough to keep the band from recording together for a period from what i gather, but maybe he didn't get to the heroin until later. cornell supposedly used hard drugs in his teens.
    LMAO!!

Ever notice he's got a nice full head of hair, despite the rest of his body looking centuries old?

I've joked before that Richards makes me wonder if heroin may well be the cure for baldness.

Comment

The fact he left no note and had not expressed any suicidal thoughts to those close to him makes me think autoerotic asphyxiation is possible. I hope some more comes out on why. It's a real hard one to process.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        they're "kind of" pre-heroin, bro. i guess? or at least they had to get older before they started to use it. maybe it wasn't as strong, maybe it was stronger and just wasn't cut up with all types of bad stuff, i really don't know, but it is something to consider.

keith richards should be dead several times over. the guy looks like he's been embalmed. i know he used a ton of heroin, and it was actually enough to keep the band from recording together for a period from what i gather, but maybe he didn't get to the heroin until later. cornell supposedly used hard drugs in his teens.

That's true, but think of all the musicians who died from that era that weren't on heroin. Pills and booze aren't as strong as heroin, but still strong enough to kill you.

Ozzy did heroin in the 80s too, but never fell too deep into it like the grunge guys. I guess the other drugs and booze he was doing might have kept him too busy to mess with the heroin too often.

The Motley Crue guys are still alive and they all messed with heroin too. Nikki Sixx OD'd and was legally dead for a minute, but survived thankfully.

I think some people are just lucky, whether just have a stronger tolerance or maybe just being born in a different era.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
          The fact he left no note and had not expressed any suicidal thoughts to those close to him makes me think autoerotic asphyxiation is possible. I hope some more comes out on why. It's a real hard one to process.
          I might be totally wrong, but leaving a note doesn't seem to be that common. And the family and loved ones so often say the same: nothing to indicate what they were about to do.

Robin Williams is an example. No note. No indication that he was going to do what he did. But like Chris a history of depression and substance problems.

Plus statements I read earlier said he was found fully clothed. I mean if he was found butt naked like David Carradine then fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            That's SafeSpace's latest alt.

Hopefully the mods clean out the trash again soon and zap that alt.
            I had fun trolling him, but now it's just old. He just comes up with the same insults everytime. I'm bored at this point and don't even feel like engaging with the idiot.

He might be SafeSpace, but I think he's someone else. He's definitely an alt or a banned user who came back.

I also have a feeling he might be Alexkid, which is funny because I actually like Alexkid, well sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
              Plus statements I read earlier said he was found fully clothed. I mean if he was found butt naked like David Carradine then fair enough.
              That's a relief actually.

I would really be upset if Chris Cornell became a punchline for dirty jokes, like Carradine is now.

Comment

I might be totally wrong, but leaving a note doesn't seem to be that common. And the family and loved ones so often say the same: nothing to indicate what they were about to do.

Robin Williams is an example. No note. No indication that he was going to do what he did. But like Chris a history of depression and substance problems.

The old chap could have been unzipped while clothed, but I get your point. Williams was an ill man with a poor prognosis. I don't blame Williams for checking out. Cornell was just 52 and had no health concerns other than some history of anxiety/depression and alcohol abuse. He looked A okay to me at the Detroit gig. Did he just flip? The lack of note could suggest a sudden compulsion to kill himself. If he'd planned it I'd guess a note would be somewhere.

Comment

Yeah, SafeSpace has become a cliche of himself. He just hasnt figured it out yet and moved on to snother forum. The last couple years he went full ******, so he went on ignore.

It's him, trust me.

He has certain very distinctive posting traits, and he's either not smart enough or he lacks the self control to hide said traits.

I'll give you one if those, his latching on to me. See, I got his goat so good awhile back, he put me in ignore. And in that stupid winning nonsense game he plays, that's an 'L'. So I'm really stuck in his craw and we all know he can't let things ever drop.

That's one huge clue. A supposed newbie shows up, and immediately starts e- beefing with me for nonsense SafeSpace annoyed me about.

Many other obvious traits, but I can't clue him in on all them.

I'm working in getting his latest alts banned as we speak. I've grown tired of him gumming up a forum I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                    The old chap could have been unzipped while clothed, but I get your point. Williams was an ill man with a poor prognosis. I don't blame Williams for checking out. Cornell was just 52 and had no health concerns other than some history of anxiety/depression and alcohol abuse. He looked A okay to me at the Detroit gig. Did he just flip? The lack of note could suggest a sudden compulsion to kill himself. If he'd planned it I'd guess a note would be somewhere.
                    I have only seen a few YouTube clips of that gig and I can't say I feel the same. Dude was like a half step behind the band and sounded really flat. For me it was sad to watch. Looked like a guy just going through the motions.

For me the time frame is concerning. And what his wife has said doesn't add up. Obviously I get that in the grand scheme of things it's none of my business, but still...

Soundgarden come off stage at around 11pm. Meet fans and **** till about 11:30pm. Hotel is half a mile away. Leave the venue and at around 12am his wife is phoning a family friend and hotel security to check on him and he's found dead.

Chris must have said something to her within that 30 minute window to cause such a worried reaction from her.

I also read a statement from his family saying he was taking Ativan. Which is apparently anxiety medication and can be used as a sleeping aid. Side effects can be suicidal thoughts and paranoia. His wife said she noticed him slurring his words and that he told he might have taken an extra pill or two and that's when she got someone to check on him.

Shit is just fucking sad.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/c...de-1202436611/

Comment

I have only seen a few YouTube clips of that gig and I can't say I feel the same. Dude was like a half step behind the band and sounded really flat. For me it was sad to watch. Looked like a guy just going through the motions.

For me the time frame is concerning. And what his wife has said doesn't add up. Obviously I get that in the grand scheme of things it's none of my business, but still...

Soundgarden come off stage at around 11pm. Meet fans and **** till about 11:30pm. Hotel is half a mile away. Leave the venue and at around 12am his wife is phoning a family friend and hotel security to check on him and he's found dead.

Chris must have said something to her within that 30 minute window to cause such a worried reaction from her.

I also read a statement from his family saying he was taking Ativan. Which is apparently anxiety medication and can be used as a sleeping aid. Side effects can be suicidal thoughts and paranoia. His wife said she noticed him slurring his words and that he told he might have taken an extra pill or two and that's when she got someone to check on him.

Shit is just fucking sad.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/c...de-1202436611/

If he was flat, or not, I would maybe not notice it from those clips. He was certainly getting a good reaction from his audience which suggests his fans were not seeing a guy struggling to perform and about to kill himself. That's interesting about the time frame and anxiety drugs and their side affects. Maybe the wife got text some message from him as he was tying on the ligature. A real tragic mystery the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X