No announcement yet.

Hardest punch that didn't KO someone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seasoned-Veteran View Post
    Hard to beat the punch that Shavers knocked Larry Holmes down with. How Larry got up from that is beyond me.
    "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis." - Holmes

“If he hadn’t hit me quite so damn hard, he would have knocked me out for sure. That punch actually kind of woke me up when I hit the floor." - Holmes

Comment

I'd like to add Maidana vs Mayweather 2 when Maidana countered Floyd pull counter whit a picture perfect right straight or the right hand Mosley caught Mayweather with, both were clean hard full power shots. May has a hell of a chin on him.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
        "Earnie hit me harder than any other fighter, including Mike Tyson. He hit me and I was face down on the canvas hearing saxophonist Jimmy Tillis." - Holmes

“If he hadn’t hit me quite so damn hard, he would have knocked me out for sure. That punch actually kind of woke me up when I hit the floor." - Holmes
        Typical BS from Holmes.

Comment

Mercer v Morrison
          Lewis v Mavrovic
          Peter v Wlad
          Tua v Ike

Some beauts landed in those fights.

Comment

(Throwing out examples that haven't been mentioned)

Kendall Holt's first knock down against Timothy Bradley, Jr.

Chris Eubank's uppercut against Michael Watson.

Comment

Shavers is a well spoken, likeable guy. In an interview while working as a "Greeter" at a night club, he was asked what that implies. He smiled and said

"If you make it through all the doorman, then I'm standing there to GREET you"

with a wink and a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                Ali saw it coming and rolled with that hook.
                No he didn't... He got caught going back and thought he was past the punch when Frazier set him up for that punch. You don't go back when you are rolling you take an angle, move in a circle.

Thats why I think that was the "monster" punch personally.

Comment

The Earnie Shavers one, and Foreman vs Chugov,

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe337 View Post
                    No he didn't... He got caught going back and thought he was past the punch when Frazier set him up for that punch. You don't go back when you are rolling you take an angle, move in a circle.

Thats why I think that was the "monster" punch personally.

It wasnt a monster punch, it was monstrous for Fraizier but feeble compared to the average foreman or shavers punch so its totally disregarded as a good answer

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                      It wasnt a monster punch, it was monstrous for Fraizier but feeble compared to the average foreman or shavers punch so its totally disregarded as a good answer
                      Watch the tape little alex...

Comment

Working...
                      X