No announcement yet.

The official EURO 2016 thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Jordan Henderson hanging onto the ball for 15 seconds then playing a ball back to Chris Smalling in the 95th minute.........I'll remember that forever.

Bit like when Gareth Barry got absolutely torched by Mesut Ozil in 2010. Mesut Ozil. A man nobody regards as quick.

I don't know. I just think that sort of Henderson thing doesn't show a lack of football intelligence it shows a complete lack of basic intelliegence.
    Henderson is a bum pure and simple.

Very average player.

His only quality was his athleticism, and his injuries are taking that away from him too

Comment

• To be fair Wilshere was crap as well.

Andros Townsend would be in this side now and Carroll would feature heavily.

How many of those players in that squad actually take responsibility to make something happen? Rooney, Clyne, Walker, Rose, Dier (sometimes).

There is absolutely no value in players like Lallana, Henderson, Milner, Sterling, Sturridge (lots of coming deep to lay it off last night).

The thing is once we play someone good our defence will get exposed. I don't get the positivity from the ex-pro pundits. We all knows what's coming.

Stones and Barkley are the only two left out. Both players who will take responsibility.

I have found England dull and intensely frustrating. Admittedly this still represents a massive improvement on the World Cup.

Comment

• You try and play to beat sides who put 10 behind the ball.. you can't break them down? send in the big man like Carroll..

Woy selection in and before the tournament = Bum tier

I heard pundits saying the changes didn't do much.. and two of them were defensive (fullbacks)

Sorry? Walker was one of the best players going forward in the first two games and gave us an outlet Sterling refused to do..

And Rooney gets a lot of stick.. but he's a proven quality.. are you telling me him being in the team from the start wouldn't change anything? BS

Comment

• Why the **** rest them also? the games don't come thick and fast..

Hodgson even said himself the previous 2 games were attack vs defence.

It's far harder to keep pressing and concentrate as the defensive side. England dominated the ball.. it wasn't as if they were vs Spain or Barca prrvious and knackered from chasing the ball

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            You try and play to beat sides who put 10 behind the ball.. you can't break them down? send in the big man like Carroll..

Woy selection in and before the tournament = Bum tier

I heard pundits saying the changes didn't do much.. and two of them were defensive (fullbacks)

Sorry? Walker was one of the best players going forward in the first two games and gave us an outlet Sterling refused to do..

And Rooney gets a lot of stick.. but he's a proven quality.. are you telling me him being in the team from the start wouldn't change anything? BS
            I think the pundits point was that the replacements played well and the team created chances, the attackers didn't finish them. Vardy, Sturridge and Lallana had good opportunities and didn't put them away.

Comment

• Looking forward to Croatia-Spain could be the game of the tournament so far.

Comment

• The poll should have been public and with a closing date... But judging from performances so far, I will go with Spain or Italy as winners of the tourney, with Poland as a dark horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
                  Looking forward to Croatia-Spain could be the game of the tournament so far.
                  Same here man, hope Croatia beat them I've been really impressed by Croatia

Comment

• Poland 17/20 to beat Ukraine, think that's a brilliant bet, Ukraine have been utter ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                      Same here man, hope Croatia beat them I've been really impressed by Croatia
                      Modric isn't playing today man. Croatia's offense doesn't exist without him. But yeah, I'll be rooting for them too.

Comment

Working...
                      X