No announcement yet.

Belfort Injured, Wandy to replace him vs Cung Le

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
    Come on Nate, they were only saying what everyone felt would probably happen. Cung was picking him apart in the first round. Either one of them could have easily been KOd in this fight. As a huge Wanderlei Silva fan I think he should retire or only continue to fight chinny kickboxers haha
    Thats the thing, you just dont count out a legend with Rocks for fists, knees, and elbows.

I think he should retire but hes not, and even if he's the underdog in every fight nobody game the Axe Murderer any kind of respect.

Someone put the Leben fight up, Leben was about to get put to sleep like a second before he put Wand to sleep. Glass Chin or not one Wand punch can set up a bad ko.

Even Chuck Liddell can come back out of retirement and have a punchers chance to knock Jon Jones the fuk out because when your blessed with power that **** doesnt leave. Not saying Chuck would ko Jones but he'd at least have a chance to do it, and thats what no one gave Wand, a chance, Big Nog must have been throwing back bottles of champagne celebrating

Comment

You think Cung Le will have a chance to avenge this loss, like he did with the last one?

Comment

well to be fair, Wand didn't fight like Wand in the 1st round. Had he fought like he usually does, Cung would have finished him. But Wand was actually smart this time and waited for Cung to get tired and then he reverted back to his old ways when cung's punches and kicks weren't as fast or powerful.

Comment

Cung looked fat and out of shape...he gassed early.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
            Thats the thing, you just dont count out a legend with Rocks for fists, knees, and elbows.

I think he should retire but hes not, and even if he's the underdog in every fight nobody game the Axe Murderer any kind of respect.

Someone put the Leben fight up, Leben was about to get put to sleep like a second before he put Wand to sleep. Glass Chin or not one Wand punch can set up a bad ko.

Even Chuck Liddell can come back out of retirement and have a punchers chance to knock Jon Jones the fuk out because when your blessed with power that **** doesnt leave. Not saying Chuck would ko Jones but he'd at least have a chance to do it, and thats what no one gave Wand, a chance, Big Nog must have been throwing back bottles of champagne celebrating
            I've put real money on almost every fight Wanderlei has had since I was probably 15 haha. I'll never count out my favorite fighter of all time, but he should retire.

Comment

I think we'll see Belfort Wandy now, but I think Belfort's strikes will be too much for him to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
                Come on Nate, they were only saying what everyone felt would probably happen. Cung was picking him apart in the first round. Either one of them could have easily been KOd in this fight. As a huge Wanderlei Silva fan I think he should retire or only continue to fight chinny kickboxers haha

Nice call on Wanderlei fighting outside. I thought he had a better chance to spark Le out while bull rushing him but Silva's camp must have planned to attack the cardio of Cung Le
                Cung le did not pick anything apart in the first. Cung landed one nice shot to drop him Like monte said his versatle striking Like jon jones suprises people but wandy hurt him back at the end of the round. Close round. And i said le dont hit hard enough and he dont. Like i said, bisping vs wandy 2 but wandy finished him because the best he had to offer was kicks and besides cro cop rematch when cro cop was unstoppable in 06, when has kicks played apart in a wandy loss?

And fighting backwards WTF? Thats exactly sloppy terrible technique liddell outstruck him and why he didnt finish bisping because he wasnt aggressive. Its fight by fight. Going backwards works against le, woulda worked against leban, but going forward is how he hurt le too. Sadly belfort is probably next after he fights johnson. Johnson always pulls out too, wandy would probably replace him. He wont stop so i hope he wins another fight or 2. Hope he gets a bisping type schedule with easy winnable fights like miller, rivera, akiyama ect. Hate to see him lose.

Comment

Laughing at all the people who counted Wandy out. War Wanderlei!!

Comment

Working...
                  X