Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gvozdyk Wins Tough Decision Over Amar, in Line For WBC Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landotter View Post
    Hope not. We will leave it at that.
    honestly they shouldnt put him nowhere near stevenson...stevenson fights too low and punches your nose right in your brain or your belly button right in your back...he only has a punchers chance vs adonis...yet way less of puncher's chance than adonis always has

and he cant punch through jack's guard..

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
      LOL people making a big deal out of nothing. dude did exactly what he was supposed to do - he dominated a stay-busy fight.

All because he didn't stop the dude, and the dude won a few rounds he gave away?

LOL..

Alvarez ducked him, and we all know Adonis don't want no part of him.. so he'll just keep beating whoever they put in front of him..
      Gvozdyk seems to be uninterested or has no motivation against these type of opponents. And when it is a top tier opponent (Gonzalez, Chilemba) he looked like the future with his massive power. But against crap tier opponents he seems uninterested.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
        OG is going to be the 4th mandatory that ducks adonis...
        is that a record??

look he didnt even get to speak after the fight...top rank has to protect his words...he'll likely say the truth about him not being ready like we all just saw...but they want to hold him up as ducked.
        Also, Bivol has been champ for less than a year and already fought more mandatories than Adonis has since 2013. That tells you the kind of ducker Adonis is. I don't understand, if you are so high on Adonis, then shouldn't Bivol be your #1 P4P boxer in the sport? Because I haven't heard Adonis say Bivol's name once, and if they fought, that fight might be competitive for 2-4 rounds before it started looking like Loma-Rigo all over again. Bivol would dance all around Stevenson's 40 year old legs. He's also a two handed boxer unlike Stevenson, which is again why I draw the comparison to Loma-Rigo. Bivol has a great jab, Stevenson has no jab. That's game over already just like it made Rigo completely non-competitive vs Loma for the same reason. Add in Bivol's superior footwork and stamina and Stevenson would get knocked the **** out. So I don't understand why you are so in love with the guy when he's not even the best in his division? A man with less than 15 fights is already better than him, and already fighting more mandatories.

Comment

Gvozdyk looked very suspect at times in this fight. Either he took his opponent too lightly or he just pulls a DSG and fights to his opponents level. Strange bc I thought he looked much better in his previous fights

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            Gvozdyk looked very suspect at times in this fight. Either he took his opponent too lightly or he just pulls a DSG and fights to his opponents level. Strange bc I thought he looked much better in his previous fights
            He's a demolisher, but is uninterested in fighting lower tier opponents. Wait till you see him fighting for a world championship and you will why, he's the last man in the Ukraine Olympic team to not be a world champion and I doubt he would want to make his brothers (Chenko, Usyk,) be let down.

Comment

I would like to see him vs the Jack/Stevenson winner though

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Gvozdyk seems to be uninterested or has no motivation against these type of opponents. And when it is a top tier opponent (Gonzalez, Chilemba) he looked like the future with his massive power. But against crap tier opponents he seems uninterested.
                Im not sure it's lack of focus. I just think guys who run for most of the run and turtle, but then explode with big punches are hard for anyone especially someone looking to make a statement and force a knockout. You have to really chase those guys and throw combinations if you're going to catch them at all when they're running, but when you do that, you open yourself up to get hit with their big counters when they suddenly stop moving and throw a big shot. Gvozdyk could have just outboxed the guy with the jab all night and stayed conservative and won on points, but he wanted to get the KO and the other guy used that against him to land some nice shots.

I think that's what it is. So yeah, if Adonis or Jack decide to turtle against Gvozdyk, and Gvozdyk says, "you know what, Im not just going to take what they're giving me and win on points while they play defense all night, Im going to go force the knockout," then yeah, Gvozdyk would get in big trouble fast, but that's not how it works. Against those guys, winning is enough. Against Amar, Gvozdyk wanted the KO. That's the big difference. Still, Stevenson would have a good chance vs Gvozdyk at least early, that's still a close fight. Jack would get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  He's a demolisher, but is uninterested in fighting lower tier opponents. Wait till you see him fighting for a world championship and you will why, he's the last man in the Ukraine Olympic team to not be a world champion and I doubt he would want to make his brothers (Chenko, Usyk,) be let down.
                  He’s got the skills...especially being around that pedigree of fighters, just needs to apply them full time

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    that makes no sense - Klitschko had amazing defense? He rarely ever got hit cleanly? Defense isn't just head movement - it's the ability to use your feet to gauge distance and slide in and out of range, which Klitscho used his fast feet to do very well.

and Klitschko also reigned supreme for over a decade, beating plenty of top dogs.

these two have literally NOTHING in common, aside both being Ukrainian.
                    Wlad's defense was leaning on top of opponent's backs and holding them, that's literally the difference between pre and post Steward Wlad. It got badly exposed vs skilled guys his size like AJ/Fury. Gvozdyk's defense is like early Wlad's except he's not 6'6 and doesn't weigh 250lbs, he's fighting guys near his size.

Thompson was right behind Klitschko going undefeated for 7 straight years in the 00's era.

Their offenses are very similar and like Wlad he's shown some shaky defensive moments throughout his career already getting dropped hard by Karpency, Chilemba clipped him with some good shots too even though he was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Wlad's defense was leaning on top of opponent's backs and holding them, that's literally the difference between pre and post Steward Wlad. It got badly exposed vs skilled guys his size like AJ/Fury. Gvozdyk's defense is like early Wlad's except he's not 6'6 and doesn't weigh 250lbs, he's fighting guys near his size.

Thompson was right behind Klitschko going undefeated for 7 straight years in the 00's era.

Their offenses are very similar and like Wlad he's shown some shaky defensive moments throughout his career already getting dropped hard by Karpency, Chilemba clipped him with some good shots too even though he was injured.

Wlad's defense was more than tying opponents up when they got close - look at the haye fight, Wlad used his fast feet to maintain perfect distance.

He was great at using foot speed to slide back and avoid shots.

their offenses are not similar. the only correct thing you said, was that Wlad had a basic offense, which consisted of 1's, 1-2's, and lead left hooks. But he was the master at setting up each punch: set up the straight right with the jab, and then set up the left hook with the straight right.

Gvozdyk is a much more dynamic offensive fighter, circling using angles, etc.

there's just nothing similar at all between these two fighters aside from them being Ukrainian. Just admit it - that was a bad comparison.

Comment

Working...
                      X