No announcement yet.

Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime and Floyd Rumor

Not sure if this is true but supposedly there's a rumor about Showtime and Floyd that if Floyd does not produce good numbers this September, then Showtime will either:

1. force him to fight manny or
    2. revise his contract

lol imagine,

Showtime: "fight manny or you don't get paid"
    Floyd: "peace, I threw my belt away already when he was my mandatory, why I need money fo"

source: FRANKGWJ

I don't know about your source, but it's certainly possible. He's 3 fights into the deal and has only broken a mil PPV's once and the options for him to do numbers just aren't there at the moment excluding Pac and maybe Khan.

Comment

This is bullsht.

Why would Showtime force Floyd to fight a fighter that has a deal with HBO?

I can see Floyd/Canelo II in september 2015 tho

Comment

LOL. Did you just cite some dudes screen name as your source?

Comment

What's there to revise in the contract? He could retire now. The contract is UP TO six fights.

Comment

Fl0mos will come here acting like something like this is too farfetched.

Comment

While I highly doubt this and your "source", i wish it was true.

But Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Mayweathers deal with Showtime is more then a PPV profit. Mayweather is essentially providing an endorsement deal for Showtime television. They are benefiting far more then simple PPV profits.

Comment

Unfortunately not even Showtime can force Floyd to fight the guy he's terrified of.

Comment

Comment

False. Manny is locked in with HBO til 2016. There is no way Showtime could even force that fight in other words.

Comment

Working...
                    X