No announcement yet.

I cried after a sparring session....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cried after a sparring session....

ya thts right i cried after getting my ass kicked. I wasn't crying like "crying" i was tearing up, sniffing and trying to hold it in.

My coach put me in sparring against a guy whose been doing it for atleast one year, but i've been doing it for 2 weeks (10 classes) and i sparred a lot of people and did great, like my coach said i had loads of potential, but this one guy whose close to 6'0 and weighed about 140 LB and i was just 5'6 weighing only 115LB, just tore me down to pieces, it wasnt an ass kick, it was a massacre! anyways, after the sparring session, i was ok, but then i let go my tears and my coach tried to confront me and so did the guy i sparred with, not to mention there were only 3 people in the gym (thank god), and they were supportive of me to.

Anyways i don't know why i'm sharing this, but, i'm not an emotional person, i wasnt hurt physically, i was drained mentally, and it hurt my pride. But i'm taking this beat down and using it as a motivation and try even hardder next time.

Btw i'm 15.....ya make fun of me if u want lol, call me a softy, *****, i know...iknow....*hahah he got his ass kicked and now he's crying hahaha*
    Last edited by FlaminGuru; 04-30-2008, 08:30 PM. Reason: more info

i know the feelin
    its like ya feel useless or
    like no matter what ya tryed it didnt work
    but so long as ya know think or want to do better next time
    ull b ok

Comment

Originally posted by FlaminGuru View Post
      ya thts right i cried after getting my ass kicked. I wasn't crying like "crying" i was tearing up, sniffing and trying to hold it in.

My coach put me in sparring against a guy whose been doing it for atleast one year, but i've been doing it for 2 weeks (10 classes) and i sparred a lot of people and did great, like my coach said i had loads of potential, but this one guy whose close to 6'0 and weighed about 140 LB and i was just 5'6 weighing only 115LB, just tore me down to pieces, it wasnt an ass kick, it was a massacre! anyways, after the sparring session, i was ok, but then i let go my tears and my coach tried to confront me and so did the guy i sparred with, not to mention there were only 3 people in the gym (thank god), and they were supportive of me to.

Anyways i don't know why i'm sharing this, but, i'm not an emotional person, i wasnt hurt physically, i was drained mentally, and it hurt my pride. But i'm taking this beat down and using it as a motivation and try even hardder next time.

Btw i'm 15.....ya make fun of me if u want lol, call me a softy, *****, i know...iknow....*hahah he got his ass kicked and now he's crying hahaha*
      Thats ok kid. Thanks for sharing.

It's a typical coach ploy to put you in with a more experienced, heavier guy, knowing that you would get your ass kicked. What the coach wants to see is not the beat-down itself, but how you respond. The session you've just been trough is an early make-em or break-em. If you respond in a determined fashion the coach is sure to pay attention to your development.

Cheer up. Nothing to be ashamed of when you are up against a guy with comparatively much more experience.

Comment

Well man. At least you got the guts to mention it and take the stick from the posters on here - I'll give you props for that.

Comment

5' 6" and only 115 lbs. really? not talking ****, i just find that crazy

Comment

its all good baby. I am a trainer now, but the same **** happened to me. The one time I really wanted to cry was when I was playing basketball in the 8th grade, I fouled out of the game, and I was the leading three point shooter in the city. I really felt like ****. But its something you have got to go through. Keep it up. This wont be the first ass whoopin you get and it wont be the last.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
              Thats ok kid. Thanks for sharing.

It's a typical coach ploy to put you in with a more experienced, heavier guy, knowing that you would get your ass kicked. What the coach wants to see is not the beat-down itself, but how you respond. The session you've just been trough is an early make-em or break-em. If you respond in a determined fashion the coach is sure to pay attention to your development.

Cheer up. Nothing to be ashamed of when you are up against a guy with comparatively much more experience.
              man crazy i guess thats what happend to me i got put in with a much bigger more experienced guy and my ass was being torn apart for 2 rounds and in between the 2nd and 3rd with blood all over my shirt, on my shoes, and on the ring, he was like you wanna go one more? and I said, oh yeah(i was almost gonna say im done but I looked around and not a single person was working out... 20 people were just looking in silence).

Miraculously I went in the 3rd and actually completely turned the tables as i got a massive surge of adrenaline and i began to box much more relaxed and i dominated the round and even hurt him badly with right hand to the temple. Sad this is tho I never went back after(due to other reasons) and have never went back since cause all i do is get high everyday and have lost the motivation to go back even though I shadowbox A LOT every single day and practice all the fundementals that i learned at the gym.
              Last edited by Evil_Meat; 04-30-2008, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Barrera cried the first time he went to a boxing gym ...

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                  Barrera cried the first time he went to a boxing gym ...
                  lol, how much yall wanna bet DLH cried a lot when he was younger?

Comment

There had to be a piece of you that was angry.. Very upset.....Just wanted to train and come back to injure your opponent.... but it was overshadowed by your tears.

Shame.. you could have let something lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X