Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says: 'Mayweather Doesn't Have His Legs Anymore'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach is saying "his legs are gone" Because he wants floyd to prove that there not by boxing and winning on points. He knows that if floyd presses the fight like he did last week, and stand toe to toe...it will be too much for lil manroid to handle. The thing is Roach said..floyd runs runs runs..everyone was saying gayweather the chicken would run from shane. Floyd proved all ye wrong by standing toe to toe...NOW HIS LEGS ARE GONE?? please...floyd has about 2 to 3 good years left before he really starts to go down hill...keep playing games roach...until your fighter takes the test u shouldnt say **** really...cuz if Pac does agree to the test which means he wont be on enhancements, his ass whooping will be that much worst for him. And if floyds legs are gone...hes that much dangerous cuz now he's fighting to put a hurt on u...his head, hands, reflexs aint gone!...

Comment

• Pacman should beat Floyd now.Manny average 100 punchess per round & I don't think Floyd will be able to keep up with him. He's easier to hit now as shown by Mosley.Mosley got old overnight. Training for Berto then Floyd,that's why he looks very tired.Manny has power & stamina.

Comment

• Originally posted by puroylan View Post
        Pacman should beat Floyd now.Manny average 100 punchess per round & I don't think Floyd will be able to keep up with him. He's easier to hit now as shown by Mosley.Mosley got old overnight. Training for Berto then Floyd,that's why he looks very tired.Manny has power & stamina.

Those averages will be far lower against Floyd and plus he will have a very different game plan for Manny, Different fighter different game plan. Floyd is in great condition so to say he wont be able to keep up is crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Trainer Freddie Roach, speaking with ESPN radio affiliate 790TheZone, is under the impression that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is no longer the same fighter. Roach watched Mayweather's dominating decision win over Shane Mosley from last Saturday in Las Vegas. He watched close and thinks Mayweather fought in a different style because his legs are no longer there. Roach doesn't think Mayweather can move around the ring like he used to a few years ago.
          It sounds to me like Roach was impressed with Mayweather. I think he thought he was going to see Mayweather vs Corrales or Mayweather vs Castillo instead he got Mayweather vs Corley or even Mosley vs Margarito with Mosley playing the part of Margarito. Specially after he took the shots that he did and still stayed on his feet and kept coming forward. Mosley couldn't have asked for two better shots then that. Cleanest shots ever landed on Mayweather by a hard punched and it didn't put him down. Mosley and Roach were on the same boat couldn't believe it and stayed that way the rest of the fight. I'm sure Roach thought Mayweather would either go down or stay away from Mosley the rest of the fight instead Mayweather recovered and came forward and won the last 30 seconds of that round. Impressive. The only way Roach could explain it is by saying " His legs are gone". I think the proof is in the rest of his comments. You would figure that a slower Mayweather would be perfect for Paquiao and yet Roach still needs to create the perfect strategy to beat Mayweather." PERFECT". If you need to create the perfect strategy to beat a slower aging fighter then u have a real problem. It does not sound like hes confident in his fighter to me. On another note doesn't Roach make it sound like either he is going to fight Mayweather or that Paquiao is just a puppet that he controls. I mean what is it with some of these comments I thought there was no I team Paquiao. I think all of the best trainer ever and the fame are going to his head. He barely even mentions Paquiao.

Comment

• Even if Roach was to find a perfect gameplan, Floyd would adjust by the beginning of round 4. I think the notion that Floyd is a slow starter is ridiculous since he uses the first 3 rounds to learn everything he needs to know from his opponent before dismantling them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamelion View Post
              It sounds to me like Roach was impressed with Mayweather. I think he thought he was going to see Mayweather vs Corrales or Mayweather vs Castillo instead he got Mayweather vs Corley or even Mosley vs Margarito with Mosley playing the part of Margarito. Specially after he took the shots that he did and still stayed on his feet and kept coming forward. Mosley couldn't have asked for two better shots then that. Cleanest shots ever landed on Mayweather by a hard punched and it didn't put him down. Mosley and Roach were on the same boat couldn't believe it and stayed that way the rest of the fight. I'm sure Roach thought Mayweather would either go down or stay away from Mosley the rest of the fight instead Mayweather recovered and came forward and won the last 30 seconds of that round. Impressive. The only way Roach could explain it is by saying " His legs are gone". I think the proof is in the rest of his comments. You would figure that a slower Mayweather would be perfect for Paquiao and yet Roach still needs to create the perfect strategy to beat Mayweather." PERFECT". If you need to create the perfect strategy to beat a slower aging fighter then u have a real problem. It does not sound like hes confident in his fighter to me. On another note doesn't Roach make it sound like either he is going to fight Mayweather or that Paquiao is just a puppet that he controls. I mean what is it with some of these comments I thought there was no I team Paquiao. I think all of the best trainer ever and the fame are going to his head. He barely even mentions Paquiao.

Great post my dude.

Comment

• For someone who knows a lot About boxing this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard him say

Comment

• Originally posted by Kamelion View Post

Very SOLID post homie. We need to see more of that around here.

Comment

• I agree if it was Pacquiao who would of caught mayweather in the second round like Mosely did he would of landed on his monkey ass (not in a racist sense, although mayweather does look like one)

Comment

• Roach made a really dumb statement. Mayweather ability to adapt makes him the skilled boxer that he is. Floyd did not fight Oscar the same way he fought Marquez and he will not fight Pacquiao the same way he fought Mosley. For the sake of an intriguing competitive fight I hope Roach trains Pacquiao like Mayweather is at 100%. If he walks into the fight thinking Mayweather has no legs, then Roach and his team will be in for a big surprise.

Comment

Working...
                      X