Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sullivan Barrera: The Bravest Warrior or the Biggest Idiot in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
    barely anyone even watched the fight. and bivol is a 27 year old beltholder not a prospect. barrera will be fine beating the C guys in the division.
    He had 12 fights and barrera was his first real fight so yes he was a prospect.
    Barrera turned down Beterbiev to fight bum Paul Parker for less money and he turned down kovalev to fight bum Valera for less money & a chance for a world title, and then he turned down kovalev again to get knocked against a prospect for less money.

sick management hes got there.

Comment

He's a top ten guy. More of a B level fighter than a C level fighter. He took a risk against a green prospect probably to try to get more money in a potential future unification fight but it backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        No but he would of made more money on a bigger stage & it's more damaging to his image and career to lose every round and get knocked out V a prospect
        Again, 20/20 hindsight. If Barrera had won, his plan would’ve been justified. Think about every failed decision you ever made. Seemed like a good idea at the time, didn’t it? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          He's a top ten guy. More of a B level fighter than a C level fighter. He took a risk against a green prospect probably to try to get more money in a potential future unification fight but it backfired.
          That pretty much sums it up. Good logic, bad move. Happens all the time.

Comment

I posted a couple of times against that move, krusher probably ko'd him too, but that's the way it was supposed to be and he'd have more money in his pocket, he'd still be able to get some decent fights and payouts, there's no shame in losing to the main guy and major draw in the division, now he'd be a gatekeeper at best, fighting for peanuts.

Comment

He went for a guy that is dangerous but without too much to gain. I don’t blame him at all, that’s the only reason I still have little respect for Mosley (Even after his PED shame) for fighting Forrest (RIP) when he could have fought bigger names in those days .

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
                I posted a couple of times against that move, krusher probably ko'd him too, but that's the way it was supposed to be and he'd have more money in his pocket, he'd still be able to get some decent fights and payouts, there's no shame in losing to the main guy and major draw in the division, now he'd be a gatekeeper at best, fighting for peanuts.
                I think that’s a little pessimistic. Barrera took a step back with that loss, but “gatekeeper?” A little too early to say that. He’s still in the mix. Who really thought Sullivan was championship material in the first place? He’s a solid contender that’ll always fall short against the big boys. Until Barrera takes another loss or two, he can still land fights against some names.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Again, 20/20 hindsight. If Barrera had won, his plan would’ve been justified. Think about every failed decision you ever made. Seemed like a good idea at the time, didn’t it? Lol
                  Lol yeah I knew what he was trying. It didn't pan out but he had the stones to fight a tough looking belt holder/prospect. Hey, it was worth a shot.

Comment

Both tough fights, but i agree he should of went with the money fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Lol yeah I knew what he was trying. It didn't pan out but he had the stones to fight a tough looking belt holder/prospect. Hey, it was worth a shot.
                      Yeah, I think so. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. It is what it is. I think Barrera still has enough left to have a worthwhile career. He’s got a good, aggressive style, and just good enough to beat all but the top guys. Admittedly, however, he’s running out of space with that last loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X