Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Lara-Hurd, Canelo-Golovkin, Khan, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Lara-Hurd, Canelo-Golovkin, Khan, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag Returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling numerous topics such as Erislandy Lara vs. Jarrett Hurd, the Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin rematch, the career of Amir Khan, several mythical matchups, thoughts on Vasyl Lomachenko and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zab Judah vs Jose Luis Castillo

Arturo Gatti vs Paulie Malignaggi

Chris Byrd vs Anthony Joshua

Lamon Brewster vs Deontay Wilder

James Toney vs David Haye

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Erik Morales

Nate Campbell vs Adrien Broner

Mikey Garcia vs Diego Corrales

Buddy McGirt vs Miguel Cotto

Kassim Ouma vs Jermell Charlo

Oscar De La Hoya vs Canelo Alvarez

Antonio Tarver vs Sergey Kovalev

Just WOW!!!

Comment

Appreciated. Not sure why everyone is on the "canelo is improving so much" bandwagon. He just had a showing and lost 9-3, 8-4 the closest against ggg. And if they fight 10 times he would lose ten times, and i donteven think ggg is a top 10 mw all time. Crazy how these weird trends get repeated by ppl who seem to take a shortcut to thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
        Appreciated. Not sure why everyone is on the "canelo is improving so much" bandwagon. He just had a showing and lost 9-3, 8-4 the closest against ggg. And if they fight 10 times he would lose ten times, and i donteven think ggg is a top 10 mw all time. Crazy how these weird trends get repeated by ppl who seem to take a shortcut to thinking.
        You done fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch down if you really scored 9 rounds for GGG.

There fighting again in May. Ill take that that BET!!! Put your $$$ where your mouth is.... Go FULL Rtard and take GGG by TKO. Ill even give you better odds.

Comment

I had GGG winning in the 7 to 5 or even 8 to 4 range in the first fight. That said, you may be disappointed in the rematch bud if you think Canelo isn't improving. Now that he has felt some of GGG's power, he knows that he can take a shot without getting completely flattened, he will be more aggressive in the rematch and not let GGG dictate the pace. I got Canelo by comprehensive decision in the 8 to 4 and 9 to 3 range. Peace.

Comment

Canelo has improved by I think how much he's improved may be exaggerated. Earlier in his career he looked great vs baldomir & cintron but didn't look overly impressive vs trout and then lost to mayweather. After that he destroys angulo and everyone says he learned from the experience with Floyd but then looks horrible vs lara. He then smashes Kirkland but didn't look too good vs an old and small cotto. He then runs through 3 mediocre opponents in khan, Smith and Chavez jr but struggles vs ggg. So he's always beat b and c level competition easily but struggled with top level guys. Time will tell because he now has a ggg rematch and top competition like charlo, saunders and jacobs await if he can get by ggg.

Comment

Didn't look good vs cotto what fight where you watching it was a 12 round highlight reel for canelo he was toying with cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
                Didn't look good vs cotto what fight where you watching it was a 12 round highlight reel for canelo he was toying with cotto.
                not sure what fight you saw but it was a competitive fight (despite the typical Canelo scoring) where Canelo may have won more of a 7-5 kind of fight. He didn’t really hurt cotto and only landed 1 punch at a time. I've seen cotto beaten worse and at that time, a fighter with the age & weight advantage canelo had over cotto, he should've taken him out.
                Last edited by rrayvez; 01-20-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                  Canelo has improved by I think how much he's improved may be exaggerated. Earlier in his career he looked great vs baldomir & cintron but didn't look overly impressive vs trout and then lost to mayweather. After that he destroys angulo and everyone says he learned from the experience with Floyd but then looks horrible vs lara. He then smashes Kirkland but didn't look too good vs an old and small cotto. He then runs through 3 mediocre opponents in khan, Smith and Chavez jr but struggles vs ggg. So he's always beat b and c level competition easily but struggled with top level guys. Time will tell because he now has a ggg rematch and top competition like charlo, saunders and jacobs await if he can get by ggg.
                  Most guys usually do. We can say the same thing about GGG. Charlo also struggled with Trout. In fact he was Boo'd on that decision because a lot of ppl felt Trout beat him.

ALL fighters struggle once they quit fighting bums. GGG looked like the boogeyman until Jacobs and Canelo pulled a MYTHBUSTERS on him.
                  Last edited by Shadoww702; 01-20-2018, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
                    Exactly! And after the fight Cottos whole head was one big lump. I actually felt sorry for Cotto. He had big nots all over his bald head.

Comment

Working...
                    X