Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua V Wilder: What do YOU think would be fair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua V Wilder: What do YOU think would be fair?

They each have something the other wants, but AJ has multiple belts, makes considerably more money, and has a far better resume.

I feel like 60/40 AJ and fight is at Wembley, and rematch for Wilder on same terms in his favour in a USA rematch if he wins in UK.

What would be fair here?

I think after Wilder beats Fury he definitely then has more leverage. His name has already gone up triple the norm since he was linked to Joshua, so beating Fury would do wonders for his name and he would have sold his first PPV, doing it twice would make him close to 55-45 in AJ favour IMHO (Thats if his fight with Fury aren't boring ones.)

Comment

This fight shouldnt be that difficult to make really.. It should be a 55-45 split of the entire pie.. AJ is the a side.. the fight should be in ajs backyard, he should be last to come to the ring etc.

A 55–45 split will not only be wilders biggest pay but it will ALSO be the most AJ has ever made as well!! People seem to forget that!

Make the fkn fight already! Enough of the BS HEARN!

Comment

It depends on if Wilder beats Fury and how well that fight does at box office. If it sells 350k PPVs and around 500k in the UK, then Wilder is set to make around $15 million when it is all said and done. Considering that, he will want considerably more vs Joshua and rightfully so since it will be the biggest fight in boxing. Maybe a 65/35 split in favor of Joshua or even 60/40?

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
          They each have something the other wants, but AJ has multiple belts, makes considerably more money, and has a far better resume.

I feel like 60/40 AJ and fight is at Wembley, and rematch for Wilder on same terms in his favour in a USA rematch if he wins in UK.

What would be fair here?
          If Wilder beats Fury then he's the lineal champ and deserves even money. That said, Joshua is a way bigger draw in the UK and if the fight happens there, a 60/40 split is right. If the fight happens in the US, Wilder deserves even money and I suspect he'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I think after Wilder beats Fury he definitely then has more leverage. His name has already gone up triple the norm since he was linked to Joshua, so beating Fury would do wonders for his name and he would have sold his first PPV, doing it twice would make him close to 55-45 in AJ favour IMHO (Thats if his fight with Fury aren't boring ones.)
            I think Fury is an easy win for either Wilder or AJ, so don’t really think it should add that much to his body of work - but **** it, as a fan I just want it to happen. I am starting to understand that a Fury win can really throw things off, but can’t see that happening thankfully.

Comment

Btw, those expecting a easy Wilder win are in for a rude awakening. There will be nothing easy about that fight for either guy. If one does make it look easy, it will be Fury not Wilder.

Comment

The classic old school prize fight where boxers are actually fighting to get paid rather than fighting for a guarantee.

Joshua doesn't deserve much of dick if he loses.

Wilder doesn't deserve much of dick if he loses.

75/25, 75% to the winner. Easy.

With that whoever doesn't want it doesn't believe they can win.

Comment

In terms of star power and what they bring to the table financially based on past earnings? 75/25 in favour of Joshua. Matchroom sports is a business, if you start overpaying opponents then every fighter is going to be greedy and demand more.

Comment

If you have never made a super fight and Finkel and Haymon have, then why would you even offer their fighter a flat fee? You’re going by his stats in the US? Lmmfao. They don’t know how to negotiate a super fight. They don’t know how to negotiate in good faith. They have never had anything as bright as Joshua over there. Joshua is a low risk high reward fighter over there. Why change that with a fight with Wilder when you can age him and hope for the best.

So I say that to say this. Just negotiate. That would be fair.

Negotiate the potential of what you think the fight could make and take it from there. Stop worrying about what’s in the other mans pocket.

Comment

Working...
                    X