Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats going to be the impact of Canelo leaving PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have the price at $55. That's is the normal UFC price right?

Comment

Outside of Floyd, Pacman Canelo Boxing PPV's have drawn low buys for a long time. The vast majority of current fighters couldn't sell 300k buys.

Take the UFC this year. Besides the Conors last fight the buys have been around 150-250k.

PPV is beneficial, however to sell them requires being a cross over attraction. Of which there are not many in boxing or MMA right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        I think 250k isn't a bad guess. They should be targeting for 300k-350k buys. The price should be no lower than $70 bucks. I'd personally put it at $75 bucks. If you are going to buy it for $60 or $65 bucks, then you surely will buy it with a $5-$10 dollar increase. And for those turned off buy the increase in price, you more than make up for it with the increased price.
        Wilder/Fury will be fine if they sell between 250-500k PPVs. That between 18.8 to 38 million of revenue at $75 a buy. Add to the fact that Wilder/Fury will be available at sports bars that usually carry boxing and PPVs. As for Canelo fighting on DAZN, I have yet to find a bar or sports bar that streams any boxing via an app. Will every sports bar that shows boxing and was showing Canelo PPVs go to the trouble of switching over to stream a Canelo fight? Will DAZN even make money on Canelo's guarantee's per fight? They pretty much have to have 3+ million subcribers sign up and stay past the free trial. I just cancelled my DAZN free trial subscription. NOthing really interesting with the recent fights on their to keep me, add to that there's pretty much nothing else interesting to me on the app. MMA, Cricket, Japanese Soccer and Cycling? I see people subscribing for a Canelo big fight and then cancelling until there's another big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          fury - wilder will be 70 - 80 usd, which is probably 55-60 british pounds. i expect it to sell between 500 and maybe 700k ppvs, and do a modest but substantial gate for a "big fight" in las vegas. let's say 20 million + from ticket sales. it may do less. it may crack a million buys. it's HW, wilder has freakish power and he's american, it's an easy sale. and hwen wilder is not shouting bomb squad like a moron he can actually be a very charming southerner and sell the fight on TV.

that's about 2/3 of what canelo and golovkin did at the gate and on ppv. a little less, actually. canelo - golovkin was an 80 dollar ppv and sold around 1.1 million according to the sources, but that number has not been verified.

can you imagine a dude trying to make a fight saying he'd be surprised if the suspected opponent cracked 250 K PPV ?
          Whatever Fury/Wilder sells will be real money, as people will be charged for buying the PPV. When it comes to DAZN, they pretty much have to have 3 million paying subscribers just to be able to pay Canelo's 30 million guarantee. a million new subscribers can sign up for a Canelo fight, (its pretty much a 30 month free trial) then cancel the next day and not have to pay a dime. Hearn can talk about AJ selling PPVs in the UK but AJ can do 800k buys and while Wilder/Fury does half at 400k, guess what, Wilder/Fury still makes more money in PPV revenue than a AJ fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
            The Wilder/Fury PPV will be the measuring stick in a post HBO PPV world.

It will impact anything Top Rank/ESPN, PBC/Sho/Fox ect...
            Hearn said in an interview that he would be surprised if Wilder/Fury even cracks 250k.

What does anyone honestly Think the numbers for Wilder/Fury be & what price $$??
            Will it impact Pacquaio/Broner... Were they gonna try to sell this on PPV???

Obviously outside a circus fight like Vs. Khabib or LeBron James, + the window for that type of fight ends with Mayweather for the most part. (Maybe 2 years)

rumor has it that broner vs pacquiao is gonna be on Fox

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Wilder/Fury will be fine if they sell between 250-500k PPVs. That between 18.8 to 38 million of revenue at $75 a buy. Add to the fact that Wilder/Fury will be available at sports bars that usually carry boxing and PPVs. As for Canelo fighting on DAZN, I have yet to find a bar or sports bar that streams any boxing via an app. Will every sports bar that shows boxing and was showing Canelo PPVs go to the trouble of switching over to stream a Canelo fight? Will DAZN even make money on Canelo's guarantee's per fight? They pretty much have to have 3+ million subcribers sign up and stay past the free trial. I just cancelled my DAZN free trial subscription. NOthing really interesting with the recent fights on their to keep me, add to that there's pretty much nothing else interesting to me on the app. MMA, Cricket, Japanese Soccer and Cycling? I see people subscribing for a Canelo big fight and then cancelling until there's another big fight.
              Theyd need Canelo to bring in 610,000 subscribers a month over the 5 years to cover the guarantee. Its not that unachievable, when you also consider DAZN operates in many territories, not just US, and will more than likely move into a lot more during the 5 years.

Comment

Working...
              X