Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Majority of Americans not happy with new tax law.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/poll-trump-gop-tax-law-elections-2018-4?
    Gallup is a pile of partisan horse ****

Rasmussen is the only one that is fair and balanced. And this tax law has boosted my paycheck. Im very satisfied

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      I've addressed it many times.

Try and keep up.

The reason for the increased deficits was because despite revenue increasing, spending increased at an even faster rate .

It's simple Math.

Here, I'll try a simple example:

You're running a deficit in your household budget.

Your boss gives you a $5k/yr raise.
      You then go out and increase your spending by $7k/yr.

Thus your budget deficit went up.

What is to blame for your higher deficits:
      A. Your income
      B. Your spending

A or B, guys......
      why did you cut out some of the post? wait a sec, you have me on ignore, how did you see that?

Anyhow, George Bush called it Voodoo economics (an economic policy perceived as being unrealistic and ill-advised, especially a policy of maintaining or increasing levels of public spending while reducing taxation) when he debated Regan in 1980. and it still holds true now.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/reade...928-story.html

Face it dude, short term the tax cuts put a little in poor/working/middle class pockets and then kills these groups long term. The rich benefit now and in the future.

We don't mind you blowharding about the tax cuts short term success so long as you also are just as loud about the negative long term impact.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I noticed that everyone who disagreed with BG wouldn't respond to this post.

During Reagan's presidency, the national debt grew from $997 billion in FY1981 to $2.85 trillion in FY1989 and the U.S. went from being the world's largest creditor nation to the world's largest debtor in under eight years.

The debt accumulation combined with the weakened economy produced a brief recession.

What is really crazy is Reagan himself described the new debt as the "greatest disappointment" of his presidency. Yet 1bad doesn't mention this when he talks about those tax cuts.

I wonder why????
        So once again. Reagan tax cuts didn't pay for themselves and neither will Trump's.

Why didn't we see 1bad cussing out Trump when Trump recently signed that large spending bill?

Is it because 1bad is a...?
        a. hypocrite
        b. superfan
        c. all the above.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          why did you cut out some of the post? wait a sec, you have me on ignore, how did you see that?

Anyhow, George Bush called it Voodoo economics (an economic policy perceived as being unrealistic and ill-advised, especially a policy of maintaining or increasing levels of public spending while reducing taxation) when he debated Regan in 1980. and it still holds true now.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/reade...928-story.html

Face it dude, short term the tax cuts put a little in poor/working/middle class pockets and then kills these groups long term. The rich benefit now and in the future.

We don't mind you blowharding about the tax cuts short term success so long as you also are just as loud about the negative long term impact.
          I don't know why he puts us on ignore when he still reads all of our posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
            Rasmussen is the only one that is fair and balanced.

It's all just a magic coincidence that the only sources that are deemed reliable by Trump are the ones that say the best things about him, relatively.

Super objective reasoning, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Build That Wall View Post
              Gallup is a pile of partisan horse ****

Rasmussen is the only one that is fair and balanced. And this tax law has boosted my paycheck. Im very satisfied
              Brush it did in the short term, check back in a few years.

For those of you looking for a comparison ask [MENTION] jim raynor [/MENTION] regarding Obamacare. His premiums were ok until 6 years in when they skyrocketed.

Short term v long term.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                The people who studied the data say otherwise in post 34.
                Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                But you will be ducking and dodging like 1bad too.

Your link is ****, even CNN is more credible.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Your link is ****, even CNN is more credible.
                  Come with the credible link, then.

But I won't be waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Unless you have a big house in a high cost of living State, and/or your State has a State Income Tax, you need a new accountant.
                    I got a big house in Florida. Property tax isn’t too bad. But I went from 15 to 22 percent because of all of the overtime I did this year.

I feel like Overtime shouldn’t be taxed because the worker is sacrificing his personal time to improve the economy and make a little extra for his family.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Interesting. Did you see more money in your weekly/bi-weekly income as a result of the tax cuts? I earn six figures myself and I am getting about $300+ more per month in my paycheck since the cuts.
                      No I didn’t see any sizeable increase but I’m thinking maybe the tax cuts didn’t kick in all the way yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X