Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mikey's head size work for him or against him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterPugilist View Post
    Skull size has nothing to do with skull thickness determines how well you can take a punch.
    Ok but the eye test tells us big headed fighters usually could take better shots

Comment

Originally posted by Barristan View Post
      Ok but the eye test tells us big headed fighters usually could take better shots
      Mikey should be able to take shots like a Cruiserweight then. If I were Spence I'd concentrate on body work rather than bruising my hands on the mighty melon.

Comment

It certainly does not help because he doesnt even move that big ass head much. He lacks upper body / head movement and Spence isnt gonna struggle finding him.

Comment

His head is no bigger than Spence's head. It might be larger than average for a man his size but he's fighting a bigger man. If you're wanting to get into stats Errol probably has a bigger neck, fist, ankle, forearm,wrist, waist chest, etc.
          Last edited by TonyGe; 03-16-2019, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I imagine it's quite stressful.

The man has the weight of the world on his shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by KEY LOW View Post
              I have a big head and I have a hell of a chin. I've been punched before, never dazed, never stunned, never down.

Tua and stivern also have big heads and great chins. The skull is the hardest bone in the body. It stands to reason the more skull you have, the harder hits you can take.
              You just haven’t been hit by the right guy or probably fought often enough.

Comment

He does have a huge head lol.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                    He needs to use it to his advantage and lean it on Spence's shoulders during clinches. That would wear out Spence's shoulders for the later rounds.
                    Good strategy . Sure Robert's on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                      Mikey has a really big head. Does this work to make a bigger target, or does the bigger head help him absorb the blows?
                      It does not work for him or against him. His head may be a bit bigger than average but not so big it makes him easy to hit. The proof of that is he doesn't get hit that much with head shots. It's defense and reactions and head movement that determine how many head shots a boxer gets hit with and not having a slightly bigger or smaller head. Having a bigger head doesn't help or hurt his punch resistance. A thick strong neck might help and he has one.

Comment

Working...
                      X