Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer's Praise: Accurate or Apple Shining?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    marquez went up two divisions and was half the size so yeah, not shocked he looked ordinary.
    marquez was 142 and mayweather was 146. mayweather dominated every second of every round.

marquez was 142 and pacquiao was 143. pacquiao was brutally knocked out.

Comment

The premise of his diatribe was that people constantly downplay the majority of Floyd's accomplishments. Which is a fact. That being said he is super biased. It would be like asking anyone in the Mayweather Mafia their thoughts on Floyd's career.

Comment

Mayweather is the fighter who makes by far the most money so Schaefer kissed his ass big time. Schaefer is completely about money and has no honesty or loyalty. He screwed his loyal, trusting friend Oscar for money after Oscar took him in and made him a partner. He may be very good at his job but he is still a greedy rat who can't be trusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yes, people do that, and I think it's foolish, but I'm saying he doesn't have to use such weak arguments to bolster Mayweather. Like when you said, "most of Pacquiao's biggest wins are guys Mayweather already beat first." That's an exaggeration and ignores the fact that Pac destroyed a prime Cotto while Mayweather decisioned the Cotto who got clowned by Trout. It goes both ways.

Again, what I'm saying is that there are a thousand strong arguments that could be made for Mayweather, Schafer doesn't need to stretch the truth to make his point.

Also, people don't have to bash Pac to praise May and vice versa. Those of us standing in the middle look at both sides and see the holes in both their arguments. It's hard for me to understand how any true boxing fans can be impressed by one and not the other.
          I wouldn't call the guy Pac faced a "prime" Cotto.

That was three fights after the cement job by 'Cheato (it can take years to fully recover from a beating like that, if at all) and he was clearly a lesser fighter vs Clottey less than 6 months earlier. Throw in the weight-draining catchweight and "prime" might not be accurate at all.

Comment

Some of you guys are acting like Schaefer is a boxing historian or something. Schaefer promoted several Floyd fights, he's probably planning on co-promoting with Mayweather Promotions well into the future and they are friends. Schaefer talking about Floyd would kinda be like a guy big upping his brothers chefing skills at a restaurant he used to own.

Comment

Working...
            X