No announcement yet.

Ortiz says he was just retaliating to Floyd's elbows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
    Dude, using the forearm/elbow as a bar is fine I guess(even then, I don't think it's legal to put your elbow on the opponents neck), but, that b*tch @ss was literally striking with it. He may not have actually landed an elbow strike, but the act of striking with the elbow is illegal period.

just take a look at this video of Wifebeater's elbows through the years. Some refs have even warned him of it.

Can you show video evidence of the Elbow-Strikes on Victor Ortiz. This was the point of the thread, now are you going to provide this evidence? Or are you going to show more clips of old irrelevant fights?

The funny thing about your video Floyd was not using Elbow-Strikes. His elbow was only being used as shield and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
      I didn't see Floyd use his elbow in this fight. But the reason why Floyd didn't use it was because Ortiz is a southpaw and Floyd couldn't use it. Team Ortiz know that Floyd is a dirty fighter and they were on a mission...lean Ortiz head into Floyd face every chance they get. What Ortiz did was very uncalled for though.
      There was a couple times I saw that elbow fly when he was against the rope, didn't see anything land, but that **** is so ingrained in his technique.

Comment

welcome to the dungeon Vic...

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          I didn't see Floyd use his elbow in this fight. But the reason why Floyd didn't use it was because Ortiz is a southpaw and Floyd couldn't use it. Team Ortiz know that Floyd is a dirty fighter and they were on a mission...lean Ortiz head into Floyd face every chance they get. What Ortiz did was very uncalled for though.

Post threads on Victor Ortiz's head butt and you might accomplish something. Floyd is not a dirty fighter who uses elbow strikes, this was just an excuse for Victor's team to use the headbutt an attempt to win the fight by doctor's stoppage. This was the plan all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Race&Boxing View Post
            Can you show video evidence of the Elbow-Strikes on Victor Ortiz. This was the point of the thread, now are you going to provide this evidence? Or are you going to show more clips of old irrelevant fights?

The funny thing about your video Floyd was not using Elbow-Strikes. His elbow was only being used as shield and nothing more.
            If your *ss couldn't see the multiple elbow strikes Wifebeater was throwin' to block Oritz's jab then you're just as blind as a bat. just watch the reply next week. I'm not gonna waste anymore energy looking for a vid to dissect. just how the f**k could you have missed all those elbow strikes(eventhough they didn't land) Wifebeater was throwin' is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              There was a couple times I saw that elbow fly when he was against the rope, didn't see anything land, but that **** is so ingrained in his technique.

That's nice. Do two things, show the clip and prove it was intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by Race&Boxing View Post
                Post threads on Victor Ortiz's head butt and you might accomplish something. Floyd is not a dirty fighter who uses elbow strikes, this was just an excuse for Victor's team to use the headbutt an attempt to win the fight by doctor's stoppage. This was the plan all along.
                LOL there's tons of video showing Mayweather using illegal elbows and wrist- chokes to push guys off. He fights dirty, its his style, admit it, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                  If your *ss couldn't see the multiple elbow strikes Wifebeater was throwin' to block Oritz's jab then you're just as blind as a bat. just watch the reply next week. I'm not gonna waste anymore energy looking for a vid to dissect. just how the f**k could you have missed all those elbow strikes(eventhough they didn't land) Wifebeater was throwin' is beyond me.

Comment

Go to 1:27 in the video

Comment

I'd pay real money for someone to show me these elbows floyd threw in teh fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X