No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Crawford, Loma-Linares, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the big recent win by Murat Gassiev, his upcoming fight with Oleksandr Usyk, numerous mythical matchups, Errol Spence vs. Terence Crawford, Erislandy Lara vs. Hurd, Lomachenko vs. Linares, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

this is why Golovkin did not face a mover/spoiler until he was mandated to Jacobs.....

"I don’t think Loma is scared of any style. But he hasn’t faced an elite pressure fight since the Salido loss. I have noticed that too. If he goes another year without facing it I will assume it’s for a reason. Top Rank has the best matchmakers in boxing. In general if you look at the actions of successful en****** it will tell you a lot. Look at who great fighters with leverage have faced in their careers and we can then assume what their Achilles heels were. For example when you see a fighter who never faces Olympic pedigree we know he doesn’t like a scoring style. If you see a guy who never face southpaws when they are available we know they don’t like left handers."

bread knows whats up..... but for some reason, he failed to notice that the guys who Golovkin avoided were all mover/spoilers or master boxers.....

Abel Sanchez even admitted that himself, when he stated that Golovkin is not the same fighter if his opponent does not stand in front of him

come on bread..... so, Golovkin is the only fighter NOT playing that game..... really?

..... and, the fact that the guys he "missed" all have a similar style, is just a coincidence..... really?

the dead giveaway was Loeffler using every ridiculous excuse in the book to rubbish Lara..... including the doozy "Willie Monroe is a bigger draw"..... and then fighting someone worse

we needed 1 genuine reason, but we got a bunch of silly excuses..... and the only reason why they furnished a pile of silly excuses, is because they did not have 1 genuine reason

and they did the exact same thing to Mora..... furnished every silly excuse in the book..... and then fought someone worse

then they used every excuse in the book to avoid Ward..... weight, inactivity, ability to draw..... you name it, they used it

same with Cotto..... anyone from 154-168 blah blah blah..... but then totally refused to negotiate with a 153lb SUPERSTAR in what would have been GREAT exposure in Golovkin's first showcase fight

the only guy who refused to negotiate on weight with lil 153lb Cotto, avoided him..... every fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for an opportunity like that..... especially considering the fact that AFTER refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto, Golovkin stated that he is ready willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody will step up

just keeping it real

there is nothing even slightly inaccurate in that post
    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 02-11-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
      "Also look at Pacquiao vs everybody in his prime. It took rounds to figure out what you were looking at. It took Marquez 42 rounds to finally clip him and Marquez is an all timer."

true it took marquez 42 rounds to clip him but marquez had manny figured out after the first half of their first fight. pacquiao never duplicated the success of that first round. marquez downloaded that style quickly and became pacquiaos kryptonite.

Question: Now, after seeing a "Prime Peaking Starfighter Cashcow", Canelo, losing against the "Aging Past-Prime Hey Max GGG from Kazakstan", do you think if they fought peak vs peak Canelo would stand a chance? Golovkin looked softer, less sharp and a bit slower. What about a 2013/14/15 version of him?

golovkin being washed up is total horse sht. line up wade, rubio, monroe, rosado and stevens again and watch him look like the boogeyman overnight. its the QUALITY of competition that has ggg looking like that. the fight could've happened in 13,14 and 15 but ggg refused to meet canelo at 155lbs. he chose to sit still and wait therefore thats what happened. I've never seen a more entitled B side behave like ggg does. "I'll go to 154 for floyd but not 155 for canelo". FOH. he is the sole reason the canelo fight didn't happen sooner. period.

At the end of the day, Ward is unbeaten. 2-0 against Kov. Retired undefeated. The other one got his aura destroyed, lost his titles and now every young hungry Lion at LHW is after him.

what "young hungry lion" at 175 is "after" kovalev? enlighten me on that. and this person needs to get over the butt hurt of ward beating sergio. its pathetic now. the mofo QUIT. period. he sat his ass on the ropes and didnt have one objection to the stoppage. ward put that heat on him and the guy was looking for a way out. his constant btchin and moaning to the ref after threatening to end wards career was a sorry sight. the bully was simply dominated. he couldn't deal with the fact that when he looked in ward's eyes he saw no fear. that mentally shattered him. and the ref stopped it because kovalev had given numerous signs he didn't want to be in the ring anymore. embrace that damn L.

agree with all 3 points

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
        Breadman killing it again! Best writer around
        Really someone needs to get this guy on tv.I think he breaks down fights better then any other writer or at least I don't see one better.And he is REALLY objective even when it comes to his fighters or guys his fighter's have faced(Charlo).God how I wish he would get little dougie fisher job.The Bible of Boxing would be in great hands with him.He needs a agent or a better one.Most writers now really don't know s hite only a few of the older ones.As far as tv I think Paulie is the best fighter I ever seen on tv he could give him a run if not be better.

Comment

Great mailberg again, but again ruined by your own nitpicking and misdirection.

You mention Errol Spence getting stunned by Lartey, but you neglect to mention why that happened.

For those who don't know, Errol Spence was particularly active and agressive in that round, and it just so happens to be the round that the completely unprofessional time keeper kept the round going for five minutes instead of the regular three minute rounds. I don't know if he fell asleep or was on the phone with his girlfriend but whatever, Errol was understandably gassed at that point having attached ferociously for longer than anyone trains for.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            Really someone needs to get this guy on tv.I think he breaks down fights better then any other writer or at least I don't see one better.And he is REALLY objective even when it comes to his fighters or guys his fighter's have faced(Charlo).God how I wish he would get little dougie fisher job.The Bible of Boxing would be in great hands with him.He needs a agent or a better one.Most writers now really don't know s hite only a few of the older ones.As far as tv I think Paulie is the best fighter I ever seen on tv he could give him a run if not be better.
            Couldn't agree more.

Comment

more fanboy stuff. ward is murder in the late rounds in close fights? he's only had 2 close fights, 3 if you count froch and he wasnt "murder" in any of them. kovalev arguably won 3 out of the last 4. ward didnt clearly win any of them(such was the fight) . froch definitely got the better of ward over teh last 4 rounds. bika fight was also nothing impressive and was tooth and nail. how does that translate to murder? when you are a fanboy you just create your own narrative and fill in the rest later.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                "Also look at Pacquiao vs everybody in his prime. It took rounds to figure out what you were looking at. It took Marquez 42 rounds to finally clip him and Marquez is an all timer."

true it took marquez 42 rounds to clip him but marquez had manny figured out after the first half of their first fight. pacquiao never duplicated the success of that first round. marquez downloaded that style quickly and became pacquiaos kryptonite.

Question: Now, after seeing a "Prime Peaking Starfighter Cashcow", Canelo, losing against the "Aging Past-Prime Hey Max GGG from Kazakstan", do you think if they fought peak vs peak Canelo would stand a chance? Golovkin looked softer, less sharp and a bit slower. What about a 2013/14/15 version of him?

golovkin being washed up is total horse sht. line up wade, rubio, monroe, rosado and stevens again and watch him look like the boogeyman overnight. its the QUALITY of competition that has ggg looking like that. the fight could've happened in 13,14 and 15 but ggg refused to meet canelo at 155lbs. he chose to sit still and wait therefore thats what happened. I've never seen a more entitled B side behave like ggg does. "I'll go to 154 for floyd but not 155 for canelo". FOH. he is the sole reason the canelo fight didn't happen sooner. period.

At the end of the day, Ward is unbeaten. 2-0 against Kov. Retired undefeated. The other one got his aura destroyed, lost his titles and now every young hungry Lion at LHW is after him.

what "young hungry lion" at 175 is "after" kovalev? enlighten me on that. and this person needs to get over the butt hurt of ward beating sergio. its pathetic now. the mofo QUIT. period. he sat his ass on the ropes and didnt have one objection to the stoppage. ward put that heat on him and the guy was looking for a way out. his constant btchin and moaning to the ref after threatening to end wards career was a sorry sight. the bully was simply dominated. he couldn't deal with the fact that when he looked in ward's eyes he saw no fear. that mentally shattered him. and the ref stopped it because kovalev had given numerous signs he didn't want to be in the ring anymore. embrace that damn L.
                so the ref could see non verbal subjective signs that kovalev didn't want to fight but couldn't see clear low blows

Comment

Ugh, I'm so sick of you clown ass alt-right b&tches playing the race card about Ward-Kovalev I

Plenty of White people had Ward winning the first fight or competitive in the first fight.

Last time I checked, Matthew Macklin, Paul Smith, and Tony Bellew aren't Black at all and all of them had Ward winning the first fight

The Ring magazine had the same exact score as the judges did, before the judges did. I don't think they're a Black magazine.

Ward-Kovalev I was a close fight, get over it and stop the race baiting bull****.

Comment

Working...
                  X