No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury’s anti-doping hearing is set to resume in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury’s anti-doping hearing is set to resume in December

December, that's true," said Robert Smith, the British Boxing Board of Control general secretary, when asked by Sky Sports when Fury's hearing would resume.

The reason why this has taken so long, so I have been led to believe, is because Mr Fury's legal team could not agree a date for the recommencement of the hearing. They obviously now have, and the hearing will recommence."

Tyson Fury’s anti-doping hearing is set to resume in December as his planned return to the ring gathers pace.

Fury has not boxed in two years since winning the world heavyweight championship from Wladimir Klitschko - since then, his boxing license has been stripped and he has been awaiting the resumption of an anti-doping case after being charged with "the presence of a prohibited substance" in June 2016.

"December, that's true," said Robert Smith, the British Boxing Board of Control general secretary, when asked by Sky Sports when Fury's hearing would resume

The reason why this has taken so long, so I have been led to believe, is because Mr. Fury's legal team could not agree a date for the recommencement of the hearing.

"The reason why this has taken so long, so I have been led to believe, is because Mr Fury's legal team could not agree a date for the recommencement of the hearing. They obviously now have, and the hearing will recommence."

Fury issued a scathing criticism of UKAD in September as he awaited a new date to clear his name, but the organisation responded, saying: "From the beginning, UK Anti-Doping has pushed for resolution of the charges as quickly as possible and has invested significant resources in trying to achieve this. There are various reasons why, nevertheless, the charges have not yet been heard on the merits.

"It is therefore inaccurate to suggest either that UK Anti-Doping is failing to pursue these charges as quickly as possible, or that Mr Tyson Fury and Mr Hughie Fury [who was also charged] are being treated differently to other athletes."

Fury will not be guaranteed a renewed boxing license if he is found not guilty by UKAD, it was confirmed by the BBBofC.

"It is publicly known that Mr. Fury has a number of health issues and we would have to look at that," Smith said.

Fury's desire to fight again in 2018 has been fuelled by footage that he has posted of his return to the gym, and promoter Eddie Hearn has explained his desire to fast-track a blockbuster clash against Anthony Joshua

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...ing-next-month

Guinness Book Of World Records, longest PED case known to man

Comment

The PED investigation and the removal of his license are two separate issues. He's not banned. He had his license removed because of the claims of mental health issues. Which is why Hughie Fury is still allowed to fight.

Almost every article i read seems to think he's banned for the PED issue.

Comment

So it was his team that delayed the process? I thought it was UKAD that did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So it was his team that delayed the process? I thought it was UKAD that did that.
          It's been claimed in previous articles Fury's team are trying to have evidence thrown out.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            It's been claimed in previous articles Fury's team are trying to have evidence thrown out.
            I seriously thought the UKAD were the ones delaying it, i thought he was banned until the process gets ironed out, i didn't realise they took away his licence due to the mental health issue pointed out by his team and i didn't realise they were the ones who delayed this whole process....So yeah i was surprised Hughie Fury was allowed to fight but tyson wasn't.....Wow so they want evidence thrown out?

Comment

The last scheduled hearing was cancelled because UKAD objected to a member of the judging panel. This is a new, rescheduled date he's talking about.

Comment

I seriously thought the UKAD were the ones delaying it, i thought he was banned until the process gets ironed out, i didn't realise they took away his licence due to the mental health issue pointed out by his team and i didn't realise they were the ones who delayed this whole process....So yeah i was surprised Hughie Fury was allowed to fight but tyson wasn't.....Wow so they want evidence thrown out?
                We don't know. Maybe they are saying it isn't valid evidence. Team Fury didn't object to any evidence before the last scheduled hearing, so maybe UKAD are trying to introduce something new.

Comment

illuminati = pain in the a*s.

Comment

Working...
                  X