No announcement yet.

I re-watched the fight and I also scored it 118-110 - Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.Byrd View Post
    I do my best but it's hard out here for a female judge.
    Its That much harder for a blind one, I'm sure

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
      that guy is literally counting jabs that Canelo is blocking with his gloves, what the hell?
      Since when is your face considered a glove?

Comment

kill yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          So this is all fake then?

Whoever made that video needs to be shot.

Comment

GGG fans sound like they'll be doing some lynchings against everyone who thinks the fight was a draw or Canelo decision

Personally I'm happy with the draw and didn't think either fighter got a decisive win.

Can't believe how they are calling Blacks coons, uncle toms, the n word just for saying it was a close fight LOL

GGG fans racists confirmed.

Maybe he should be nicknamed Triple K?

Comment

Originally posted by A.Byrd View Post
              I do my best but it's hard out here for a female judge.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Its That much harder for a blind one, I'm sure
                Can't say I ever met a blind judge but we do tend to get a lot of dust in our eye while judging. I don't why but I think it might be the atmosphere.

Comment

I prefilled my score card too for an unbiased win for marathon man.

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
                    I'm not even being ironic or anything. Although I think you could have given round 8 to GGG, but that was a close round.

Canelo isn't getting credit for:

1. his body work and
                    2. dodging/blocking 94% of GGG's punches. [compubox is ass and no real boxing fan should take it seriously]
                    3. His power. GGG felt his power like it or not.

Also in the first half of the fight GGG was just following Canelo around the ring throwing out a lazy jab and an occasional power punch every now and then. It wasn't until about round 7 where he started to cut off the ring effectively.

People are giving GGG way too much credit for literally just coming forward and missing almost everything he threw. Canelo landed the cleaner more effective punches throughout the night - the best two punches of the night were his right and uppercut on GGG. GGG couldn't land much on Canelo besides the occasional jab.

Anyway, this is how I scored it:

C G

9 10
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    9 10
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    10 9
                    I disagree with you giving RD 1 to GGG, i thought that was a clear Canelo Rd because he landed some great Body shots.

Honestly though...i don't think there were that many RD's that you could say GGG won CLEARLY! Infact maybe two at the most. I guess you could make the same argument about Canelo too but i thought he won his rds clearer.

Although i don't agree with her card, i can see the logic of how BYRD got to her 118-110 score card. She basically preferred CANELO's heavier Shots and Crisp accurate Counter Punching over GGG only really utilizing JAB JAB and JAB for most of the 12 rds.

Comment

I feel that 'Canelo not getting credit for bodywork' is becoming a mantra to guys who want Canelo to be seen as the winner.
                      Kind of 'say it enough, and it will be true'.

The really high percentage of fans, boxing media, and even boxers themselves scored the fight for Golovkin. Those guys all failed to score body shots, or credit Canelo for his work? Really?

Comment

Working...
                      X