Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Has NO Issue With Jacobs Missing IBF Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Has NO Issue With Jacobs Missing IBF Weigh-In

Abel Sanchez, trainer for IBF, WBC, WBA, IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs), has no problem with Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) blowing off the IBF's second day weigh-in. Two weeks ago at New York's Madison Square Garden, Golovkin won a twelve round unanimous decision over Jacobs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Huh. Reading the article, it doesn't sound like the usual Abe Sanchez at all. Sounds very understanding an honest. Of course, it's easier to say when your fighter walked away with the W but I'm still impressed that he said this in the face of the controversy.
    Respect were it's due.

Comment

"Everybody is always bigger than Golovkin. He's a small middleweight. Daniel Jacobs thought, or his team thought, that was in his best interest. And you can't fault him for that. That's what we are supposed to do as a team for Golovkin and that's what they are supposed to do as a team for Daniel Jacobs," Sanchez told BaylorIC Worldwide-TV. "He did what he thought was best and he came up short. Would he have come up shorter if he had not been that heavy? Who knows. [If the shoe was on the other foot], I would have certainly discussed our options and I would have certainly discussed our objectives. And the situation called for them, in their mind, to do that. So I could only say that we would only do what was best for our interests."
      Welp, Abel just pissed off a lot of GGG fans. Jacobs was 220lbs on fight night

Comment

i honestly didn't care.........he made the weight the first day so thats what counts IBF only implemented this crap to feel special. if we want to get into real weigh ins just bring back the same day weigh ins open and shut case.

Comment

He doesnt care because they AlREADY won. Should had they lost he would be complaining. Leave that IBF its Worthless anyways. Lemiuex and Jacobs didnt care about making weight, so it may not be important belt.

Comment

His fans are the only ones who cry like puzzies over weight.

Comment

Only issue i have is that we need more unified champs in boxing and less boxers each division calling themselves world champs (5 per division with Eubank and his IBO).

This is a business though and we know morally sound decisions and big business DO NOT go very well together.

Comment

Check this out. It's rumored that Mayweather vs McGregor is going to happen on September 16th at the T-mobile Arena in Las Vegas on PPV. If this happens then it would put the GGG-Canelo fight in a bind. So the September excuse from Oscar may go out the window. Could GGG-Canelo happen in November instead. Or will there be other excuses from either side? Check out this article :

https://www.google.com/amp/www.*****...tember-16/amp/
                Last edited by The Time; 03-27-2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                  Check this out. It's rumored that Mayweather vs McGregor is going to happen on September 16th at the T-mobile Arena in Las Vegas on PPV. If this happens then it would put the GGG-Canelo fight in a bind. So the September excuse from Oscar may go out the window. Could GGG-Canelo happen in November instead. Or will there be other excuses from either side? Check out this article :

https://www.google.com/amp/www.*****...tember-16/amp/
                  This fight has nothing to do with Mexicans. Mexicans dont care about McGregor or Floyd unless they are fighting a Mexican. They should do their fight 4th July Weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                    This fight has nothing to do with Mexicans. Mexicans dont care about McGregor or Floyd unless they are fighting a Mexican. They should do their fight 4th July Weekend.

That is understood, and while I think the Mayweather vs McGregor fight is a joke and they should do it a different day. But you know how Floyd is with dates. The thing is if it happens a lot of people are going to order that fight and watch it. GGG vs Canelo on the same day September 16th won't maximize the profits that Canelo and GGG want. The Mayweather-McGregor fight will affect the PPV buys for Canelo and GGG, they will lose money. I mean we will see if the Mayweather-McGregor fight actually happens on September 16th. If it does, then Golden Boy has to think things through and see if they really want to go head to head with Mayweather-McGregor on the same day. It could force Golden Boy to change the date.
                    Last edited by The Time; 03-28-2017, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X