Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum on joseph parker: we don't want a unification, looking at david price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with The Bobfather on so many levels here. The man has no shame.

Unifications should always be valued above all else in a division, always chase the undisputed.

The fact that he tries to weasel his way out of that goal using the financials as an excuse is pathetic. just lol @ putting more stock in lower weight classes that have no stars that set them aside as a division like that, he's just going to gamble with an investment and may very well lose.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Asked whether he'll go for unification...

"That was a wiggle worthy of a ****in' reptile, Harry." - Deadwood
      Big Deadwood fanboi here and I don't remember this quote or who said it - was it the doc?

Comment

arum likes to unify money with his pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I just think he's mediocre and overrated.

I thought Ruiz deserved to win their fight. I don't like boxers being given home decisions, it hurts the sport.

Wlad should have fought for the WBO, get a belt back for certain over Parker or Ruiz. And then maybe cash out against Joshua in a unification.
          Wlad will collect the IBF and WBA against Joshua then hopefully Wilder will find it in himself to find the belief Klitschko has aged enough for him to finally accept the challenge. Wlad could yet face Parker down the line.

I feel Parker just did enough and that he has more credible wins than Wilder and Joshua put together now, he has as much claim as a champion as the others too so I hope you're calling them all paper champions which I agree with but it's not exactly exclusive to just the heavyweight division is it the sport is a mess and whilst fans are prepared to accept it it'll never cease.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            I disagree with The Bobfather on so many levels here. The man has no shame.

Unifications should always be valued above all else in a division, always chase the undisputed.

The fact that he tries to weasel his way out of that goal using the financials as an excuse is pathetic. just lol @ putting more stock in lower weight classes that have no stars that set them aside as a division like that, he's just going to gamble with an investment and may very well lose.
            Yet you have no issue with GGG facing guys like Brook ?

Comment

Big Deadwood fanboi here and I don't remember this quote or who said it - was it the doc?
              Steve...he takes over Hostetler's horse stable and then tries to **** one of the horses

Comment

linking in with my wilder thread, heavyweights really are the biggest ******* arent they lol. So many circus fights in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                  Yet you have no issue with GGG facing guys like Brook ?
                  Zero issue with it. Why should I? It's not like he is retired right afterwards that I should feel robbed I didn't see him against other opponents. I had tons of respect for Brook before the fight was ever announced and give full credit to any fighter who can beat him. It's a good win and a few lbs the average man fluctuates in a week or so doesn't change that. I'm so tired of seeing the criticism for fighting a "smaller guy" but everyone ignores the other side of the coin - an undefeated fighter who moved up to challenge a monster and went to war with him. Why is that ignored? Fights take two fighters to happen. It's not just about Golovkin, it's about both Brook and Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    Steve...he takes over Hostetler's horse stable and then tries to **** one of the horses

Comment

Zero issue with it. Why should I? It's not like he is retired right afterwards that I should feel robbed I didn't see him against other opponents. I had tons of respect for Brook before the fight was ever announced and give full credit to any fighter who can beat him. It's a good win and a few lbs the average man fluctuates in a week or so doesn't change that. I'm so tired of seeing the criticism for fighting a "smaller guy" but everyone ignores the other side of the coin - an undefeated fighter who moved up to challenge a monster and went to war with him. Why is that ignored? Fights take two fighters to happen. It's not just about Golovkin, it's about both Brook and Golovkin.
                      You have issue with Bob making money but no issue with Golden Goose Gennady facing career welters for PPV cash ? It's all about those financials though right ?

Comment

Working...
                      X