No announcement yet.

Broner Vs Pacqiuao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    There have been a handful of fighters I've seen from a young age that I thought could handle a huge jump in competiton-my gut tells me he can but that doesn't mean he can beat manny.
    I hear you Big Dunn, but I don't have faith in Manny's ability to win anymore. And quite frankly there's no reason or evidence for you to either.

I'm not saying that Manny can't still fight. I am saying that for Bradley, who fought injured, and still did as well as he did it raised more questions about Manny's ability. Then you have to ask yourself when was the last time Manny turned in a solid, dominating performance. Most honest fans would say the fight against Margarito, but I'm sure plenty would disagree.

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
    Pacquiao would make Broner his b1tch. Then pimp him out for packs of cigarettes.
    Really?

Based on what? His dominant performance against Bradley and JMM3? LOL .. I don't think so.

Manny Pacquiao has been riding the hype wave since his fight against Margarito ... or maybe even Cotto.

If one were honest with himself, he'd have to ask when Pacquiao last looked like he was pure dynamite.

Clottey? Horrible fight for Manny.
    Mosley? Horrible fight for Manny.
    JMM3? A gift for Manny.
    Bradley? Close fight against a foe with a broken foot where Manny looked less than ordinary.

I am DEFINITELY not saying that Broner would win. I am saying that his talent vs Manny's tenacity makes for a competitive match where I think Broner would have a better than average chance if he didn't let Manny dictate the pace.

That's the key. That's how Morales beat him. That's how JMM beat him in the third fight but lost in a bad decision. Staying active while using lateral movement confounds Pacquiao .. and those are things that Broner can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
      Pacquiao by sodomy. Broner beat an okay fighter in Demarco. But, let's keep it real. Broner is a come forward fighter, Pacquiao would literally rape him, as a result of this. Mayweather has been ducking for years now. Let's see if Broner can step up.
      You're just saying ok fighter now that broner made him look like one. Broner has enough skill and lets not forget about that defense. If JMM can give pac a run for his money then so can broner.

Comment

Wow! beat Demarco and you can beat the best in the world. Its obvious!

Comment

wtf is wrong with some of the people here, I mean seriously. broner is good, he beat a good fighter in demarco, and its obvious hes a young talent.

but broner vs pac?!?! gtfo you clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            I hear you Big Dunn, but I don't have faith in Manny's ability to win anymore. And quite frankly there's no reason or evidence for you to either.

I'm not saying that Manny can't still fight. I am saying that for Bradley, who fought injured, and still did as well as he did it raised more questions about Manny's ability. Then you have to ask yourself when was the last time Manny turned in a solid, dominating performance. Most honest fans would say the fight against Margarito, but I'm sure plenty would disagree.

Really?

Based on what? His dominant performance against Bradley and JMM3? LOL .. I don't think so.

Manny Pacquiao has been riding the hype wave since his fight against Margarito ... or maybe even Cotto.

If one were honest with himself, he'd have to ask when Pacquiao last looked like he was pure dynamite.

Clottey? Horrible fight for Manny.
            Mosley? Horrible fight for Manny.
            JMM3? A gift for Manny.
            Bradley? Close fight against a foe with a broken foot where Manny looked less than ordinary.

I am DEFINITELY not saying that Broner would win. I am saying that his talent vs Manny's tenacity makes for a competitive match where I think Broner would have a better than average chance if he didn't let Manny dictate the pace.

That's the key. That's how Morales beat him. That's how JMM beat him in the third fight but lost in a bad decision. Staying active while using lateral movement confounds Pacquiao .. and those are things that Broner can do.
            Im with you on most of this, and most of your posts in general, but you cannot compare broner to pac, right now. Pac at this point would beat broner, on sheer experience and tenacity alone. broner is a good, solid, complete fighter, but you cant throw him in there with the p4p #2 fighter and expect him to win. can broner be competitive? maybe, for a little while, but pac will get him, its inevitable!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Wow! beat Demarco and you can beat the best in the world. Its obvious!
              Best in the world?

Who are you talking about?

Pacquiao?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....

When was the last time Pacquiao beat someone who was ranked #1 in the division in which they were ranked #1 in?

The answer to that question will sober you up as it pertains to Manny being the #1 anything.

Oh yeah .. in case you didn't know, you have to be #1 in order to be seen as THEE BEST. And to be the man, you've got to beat the man. And Broner just beat the #1 LW ... and the match took place in the LW division.

So again, which #1 did Manny beat?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... I'll wait for your answer.

Comment

Best in the world?

Pacquiao?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....

When was the last time Pacquiao beat someone who was ranked #1 in the division in which they were ranked #1 in?

The answer to that question will sober you up as it pertains to Manny being the #1 anything.

Oh yeah .. in case you didn't know, you have to be #1 in order to be seen as THEE BEST. And to be the man, you've got to beat the man. And Broner just beat the #1 LW ... and the match took place in the LW division.

The best in the world was a general reference to the top fighters in the world, you bumsniffing prawn. Broner is a very good talent, but he just isnt ready yet to be taking on the very best there is. Let the kid gain his experience and earn the right to be there.

Pitch him in with someone like Manny at this stage and he could be another Davey Moore. Idiot.

Comment

Best in the world?

Pacquiao?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....

May I ask you who is this #1 Pac should beat at 147 except retiree Roidweather?

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                    May I ask you who is this #1 Pac should beat at 147 except retiree Roidweather?

well, JMM for starters. lets get past pac actually WINNING a fight against JMM, then we can chat further...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      Im with you on most of this, and most of your posts in general, but you cannot compare broner to pac, right now. Pac at this point would beat broner, on sheer experience and tenacity alone. broner is a good, solid, complete fighter, but you cant throw him in there with the p4p #2 fighter and expect him to win. can broner be competitive? maybe, for a little while, but pac will get him, its inevitable!
                      I'm not so sure at 140 SpeedKillz.

No one thought Paul Williams would beat Margarito.

Many thought Amir Khan would beat Danny Garcia.

A few thought Mosley would take Canelo.

Most people didn't think Jermain Taylor had a chance against Hopkins.

And as a point of info, Pacquiao hasn't been a top 5 p4p fighter since the Bradley fight. He wasn't #2 since the JMM3 fight.

Yeah .. Pacquiao USED to be a force to be reckoned with, but when was the last time that YOU PERSONALLY felt that Pacquiao looked like he lived up to the hype?????

The answer should accurately gauge the chances you give the youth and skill of Broner.

I personally feel that if Bradley could do what he did with a injured foot, Broner could do 10x more healthy.

AND!!!!!!! Keep in mind we are talking about a 140lb fight, and not Pacquiao stipulating that Broner fight at 147 or making someone sweat down to weaken them.

It should be feasible because Pacfans all say that "Manny is sooooooo small" and can barely make 147lbs despite the fact that he's been making that weight since fighting Barrera.

Again .. I'm not saying Broner is ready, but if he HAD TO take the fight and was able to come in strong at 140lbs, I'd put my money where my mouth/words are.

Nice post, BTW.

Comment

Working...
                      X