No announcement yet.

Who was the "Hawaiian Punch" boxer around like 10 yrs ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the "Hawaiian Punch" boxer around like 10 yrs ago

I remember the news dickriding this FW who could punch as hard as the average MW. He was some Hawaiian Kid they called "Hawaiian Punch" for his ring name......anyone know what I am talking about? It was a long time ago, and I can't remember his name or if he did anything of note in the sport.

Brian Viloria

Comment

as for him having done anything...he still is

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
        as for him having done anything...he still is
        So Viloria is the same guy who could punch as hard as a MW, that they showed on the news?

Comment

Andy Ganigan in the early 1980's. Knocked down Alexis Arguello.

Comment

Yeah, Viloria fought twice this year. KOd a dude in April. Really fun boxer. You'll see him more soon I imagine. He is 29 so I imagine around 10 years ago there would have been news of him as an up and comer.

Checking in on his record I notice he is the IBF Light Flyweight champ too.
            Last edited by KittenFlaps; 12-17-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              I remember the news dickriding this FW who could punch as hard as the average MW. He was some Hawaiian Kid they called "Hawaiian Punch" for his ring name......anyone know what I am talking about? It was a long time ago, and I can't remember his name or if he did anything of note in the sport.

Let me google that for you

Comment

I think it's Jesus Salud

He was also known as the called "Hawaiian Punch". Record: won 63 (KO 38) + lost 13 (KO 4) + drawn 0

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=493&cat=boxer

Comment

i remember he had some real momentum until he ran into that rough patch with romero and sosa.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                    i remember he had some real momentum until he ran into that rough patch with romero and sosa.

Romero got busted on his post fight drug test.

Comment

Working...
                    X