No announcement yet.

Rocky Marciano's 49-0 is way way less than Floyd's 50-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    No one seems to understand the point why Marciano's 49-0 is more meaningful to Floyds 49-0 He was a HEAVYWEIGHT!

You can be an a below average talent but still bring good power to the ring so theres a chance that heavyweights are capable of stopping each other at any time.
    The men that stopped Wlad were supposed to be "opponents"
    and look what happened. The "chance" of the unthinkable is more of a possible reality at Heavyweight than a limit of 147 division class.

There are other fighters who went beyond 49-0 in the past.

Ray
    He fought a bunch of useless stiffs and washed up champs, Rocky was a hero to white supremacy crap, Rocky is not half the fighter Floyd is.

And Im white .

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Isnt that where Floyd is right now man?

robinsnon was broke and needed the money. punchy, too. let's hope floyd is neither of those things.

robinson's best days were in the '40's.

Comment

SRR the only one u can clearly rank above floyd.

Comment

Floyd's 50 destroys Rocky's 49. Its not even close the quality in Floyds resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
            http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/9032

Seriously, anyone talking about Floyd's 50th win not being legit needs to look at Marciano's record. Guy was fighting bums for most of his career. Can you imagine the heat Mayweather would have taken had he take had he'd fought guys with records of 8-8-1, 4-14-3, 13-15-1, and 11-14-2 in his 32nd through 35th career fights? He got to 35 wins without fighting but a couple actual quality opponents, then he finished his career fighting guys 25 lbs smaller or 10 years older than himself.

Still counts as 49-0, but it is not anywhere near the accomplishment that Floyd's 50-0 is. Floyd fought a HOFer for the World Title in his 18th fight and then fought 25 more world champions including many who were much bigger than he was.

And as far as McGregor, Floyd fought some other inexperienced guys his first 10 or so fights, do those fights not count either? No one fought more quality opponents than Floyd. Then he retired and came out of retirement for a cash grab which was still legit when he gave McGregor all the advantages of weight, gloves, and age.

#1 all time fighter is Sugar Ray Robinson. Floyd might be 1b now. Duran is the only other fighter with a case for TBE IMO. Those 3 are it.
            I totally agree about Marciano and I've been posting like wildfire about him recently. Marciano was shït. I would throw Pep in there though. Robinson, Pep, Duran, then TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              I totally agree about Marciano and I've been posting like wildfire about him recently. Marciano was shït. I would throw Pep in there though. Robinson, Pep, Duran, then TBE.
              I can see Pep too as in there, but not #1. But definitely in that elite group.

Comment

Another reason to love this fight (May-Mac)...

It takes away from the over-'romanticized' Marciano legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                  http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/9032

Seriously, anyone talking about Floyd's 50th win not being legit needs to look at Marciano's record. Guy was fighting bums for most of his career. Can you imagine the heat Mayweather would have taken had he take had he'd fought guys with records of 8-8-1, 4-14-3, 13-15-1, and 11-14-2 in his 32nd through 35th career fights? He got to 35 wins without fighting but a couple actual quality opponents, then he finished his career fighting guys 25 lbs smaller or 10 years older than himself.

Still counts as 49-0, but it is not anywhere near the accomplishment that Floyd's 50-0 is. Floyd fought a HOFer for the World Title in his 18th fight and then fought 25 more world champions including many who were much bigger than he was.

And as far as McGregor, Floyd fought some other inexperienced guys his first 10 or so fights, do those fights not count either? No one fought more quality opponents than Floyd. Then he retired and came out of retirement for a cash grab which was still legit when he gave McGregor all the advantages of weight, gloves, and age.

#1 all time fighter is Sugar Ray Robinson. Floyd might be 1b now. Duran is the only other fighter with a case for TBE IMO. Those 3 are it.
                  Dude if you want the truth. Guys like Guerrero, victor ortiz, berto, Hatton are equivalent to those guys who were 8-8, 13-15, and 11-15 in those days. If those guys fought back in those days, they'd be bums and non champions with **** records. And that's straight up fact.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    I mean it looks "CUTE" 50-0 great for marketing and merchandise but it doesn't elevate him over a Ray Leonard IMO Ray Leonard losing to Duran in Canada was a MOMENT in Boxing History. Then Ray Leonard coming back strong from that lose to make Duran Quit was another big Moment in Boxng History! Mayweather Lacks those Historic MOMENTS that will go down in History other than maybe Last Night Event I guess

I mean it is not his fault that he was just better than everybody as a boxer in his ERA but NO 50-0 doesn't elevate over legends before him at all! Just like with Marciano, Most Rank Ali, Joe Louis (who Marciano Beat) and others over Marciano despite the "Undefeated Record"

Sorry but it just doesn't mean anything in boxing not as much as some Mayweather fans want it to mean! Sorry!

Now it probably would man more if Marciano and Mayweather ERA was better then yeah going undefeated in the 4 Kings ERA (Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Hearns) then yes absolutely it would mean more and elevate a fighter who could walk out of that ERA undefeated!
                    Historic moments?

How about the top grossing fights. WHICH ARE A HISTORIC FACT.

moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                      Historic moments?

How about the top grossing fights. WHICH ARE A HISTORIC FACT.

moron.
                      Look people at their core are boxing/action/combat fans. It's ingrained in us. The reason Floyd has the highest grossing fights because there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else in boxing worth watching as compared to yesteryear. This era is straight up garbage. So he was able to monopolize the market and garner all the attention.

If Floyd was around in the time of SRL, Duran, Hearns when boxing was at its peak, Floyd wouldn't be garnering the attention he gets now. That's straight up fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X