No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko Pays His Tribute To Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko Pays His Tribute To Muhammad Ali

It really comes to something when the WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World is humbled starstruck and overawed.

At the WBC's 50th Convention in the Grand Oasis Hotel in Cancun, Vitali Klitschko ran the gamet of all of these emotions. A giant of a man, he carefully and tenderly helped his childhood hero arrive on stage and leave stage left, after Muhammad Ali had been crowned King of Boxing. [Click Here To Read More]

Vitali is so classy.

Comment

One big reason I am a fan of the Klitschkos right here.

Comment

That's nice, Vitali being the gentleman and paying his repects. Klitschko's are pure class, inside and outside the ring.

Comment

Everyone who knows me knows that I'm a Klitschko fan.

But this is puzzling to me. The Klitschko's have said that they don't like trash talkers and that it's "bad for the sport". They mostly references this when it comes to Haye.

But their hero is Ali? The king of trash talkers. The guy who proclaimed himself the greatest before he even won the title and was still a kid. I get that he is retired and old now, and that his legacy is solidified. But common.

Lets be consistent. If Haye is bad for the sport for trash talking and you don't like fighters who try to trash talk you,, then Ali can't be an idol of yours.

Comment

Good posts here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

But this is puzzling to me. The Klitschko's have said that they don't like trash talkers and that it's "bad for the sport". They mostly references this when it comes to Haye.

But their hero is Ali? The king of trash talkers. The guy who proclaimed himself the greatest before he even won the title and was still a kid. I get that he is retired and old now, and that his legacy is solidified. But common.

Lets be consistent. If Haye is bad for the sport for trash talking and you don't like fighters who try to trash talk you,, then Ali can't be an idol of yours.
              One big difference between Ali and Haye, Ali delivered and changed the face of boxing, the other was just an idiot. Btw Ali was responsible for making boxing as big as it is, if it wasn't for him, there's a good chance the Klitchkos would never have started boxing.

Comment

But Ali had class, and wit. Haye's just a clown

Comment

I also don't like this worshipping of Clay/Ali.

BUT: Ali talked the talk but then walked the walk by stepping into the ring.

Haye talks the talk (far better in my opinion than Clay/Ali), but then fights Ruiz and Harrison and Chisora. Big difference.

Ali never gave you the feeling that he was ducking anyone (except maybe a rematch with Foreman), but Haye does mainly ducking.

Comment

Working...
                  X