No announcement yet.

Story about Canelo abandoning catchweight is false

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    The sweet science based their story from CBSSPORTS.COM who said Eric Gomez confirmed no catchweight

http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/ey...m-bouts-before

and Im telling you that story is complete horse****.

Believe what you want. And when the catchweight talks resurface in May you can claim amnesia.

And dont be surprised if that cbs story magically disappears (or at least gets edited) in the next day or so.....
    Last edited by OnePunch; 12-17-2015, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
      pssh only persons on this site who were in the mix like that were earnie adn some poster name FBLM
      so then lets make some sort of wager, big mouth. Put up or shut up.

Im saying the catchweight issue is NOT dead, and will resurface later in the negotiations.

I trust my sources enough to make a wager. Are you game, or do you just like to run your mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        and Im telling you that story is complete horse****.

Believe what you want. And when the catchweight talks resurface in May you can claim amnesia.

And dont be surprised if that cbs story magically disappears in the next day or so.....
        Puigmire reported that Gomez told him the same thing. And where is Oscar? Gomez has been speaking for the company every since those pictures of Oscar at the McGregor after party came out. You would think he would've made a statement about the fight by now. It'll be interesting to see if he's at the weigh in tomorrow

Comment

so then lets make some sort of wager, big mouth. Put up or shut up.

Im saying the catchweight issue is NOT dead, and will resurface later in the negotiations.

I trust my sources enough to make a wager. Are you game, or do you just like to run your mouth?
          that not saying nothing at all all of us can say that lol hell even I will tell you canelo aint dumping that catchweigth shit lol.

let me put it this way.

My sources told me (private conversation I dont share sources) said the Catchweight issue is still an issue.

Comment

Puigmire reported that Gomez told him the same thing. And where is Oscar? Gomez has been speaking for the company every since those pictures of Oscar at the McGregor after party came out. You would think he would've made a statement about the fight by now. It'll be interesting to see if he's at the weigh in tomorrow
            pugmire only cited the cbs story. This whoe story boils down to some cbs writed named Frank that nobody knows of. Yeah, a story this big, and Frank the nobody is the one who breaks it? GTFOH

Dude, step back and think for a second. Why would Canelo give up for FREE his biggest negotiating item? Makes no sense. I knew it made no sense yesterday when I read it. Thats why I was cautiously optimistic and prefaced all my posts with "if this is true" type statements. And it wasnt until last night that I could confirm it was all bull****.

Comment

private conversations that I dont disclose. Its a free country my friend, you can believe it or not.

But in May when catchweight talks suddenly restart, your apology will still be accepted :-)
              What is there to apologize??? All I did was ask a simple question. I, for one, think that Canelo will CW GGG.

Question is will Team GGG stick to their guns about no catchweight for being mando.....

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR CANELO! View Post
                that not saying nothing at all all of us can say that lol hell even I will tell you canelo aint dumping that catchweigth shit lol.

let me put it this way.

My sources told me (private conversation I dont share sources) said the Catchweight issue is still an issue.
                so then we agree the story is bull****.

So whats your problem then?

Comment

The sweet science based their story from CBSSPORTS.COM who said Eric Gomez confirmed no catchweight

http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/ey...m-bouts-before
                  I always thought it was funny... people blame cotto for mw being the way it is.... but forget that martinez defended that same belt at 158 lbs.... no one complained... Martinez has never weighed more than 159.5 lbs.... so I have no issue with the cotto-martinez cw fight.

Comment

so then we agree the story is bull****.

So whats your problem then?
                    that story aint fake, they got info just like you did.

now only time will tell if they were right or not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      What is there to apologize??? All I did was ask a simple question. I, for one, think that Canelo will CW GGG.

Question is will Team GGG stick to their guns about no catchweight for being mando.....
                      imo, no they wont. They want the fight and the lineal title. If they were going to stay firm at 160, I think they would already have moved for a purse bid.

I suspect (my own opinion) that they would agree to anything 157 or above. Again, thats just my opinion and isnt coming from either camp.....

Comment

Working...
                      X