Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firat Arslan News?...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marco “Captain” Huck (24-1, 19 KOs) will return to the ring in May to defend his European cruiserweight title against former world champion Firat Arslan (29-4, 18 KOs). Team Sauerland won today’s purse bid in Rome with an offer of 514,000 euros. “We are delighted that Marco will defend his title on a Sauerland show,” General Manager Chris Meyer said of the mandatory defense. “The fight will be staged in May. We will announce the date and the venue within the next two weeks.” Captain Huck, who has dusted Geoffrey Batello and Fabio Tuiach since winning the title from Jean Marc Monrose last September, is looking forward to the showdown against Arslan. “We are both under contract with German promoters,” the 24-year-old said. “That makes the fight very special. It will be very interesting for the German boxing fans. I am really looking forward to it.”

f i g h t n e w s

Comment

Originally posted by SickmyDuck View Post
      Marco “Captain” Huck (24-1, 19 KOs) will return to the ring in May to defend his European cruiserweight title against former world champion Firat Arslan (29-4, 18 KOs). Team Sauerland won today’s purse bid in Rome with an offer of 514,000 euros. “We are delighted that Marco will defend his title on a Sauerland show,” General Manager Chris Meyer said of the mandatory defense. “The fight will be staged in May. We will announce the date and the venue within the next two weeks.” Captain Huck, who has dusted Geoffrey Batello and Fabio Tuiach since winning the title from Jean Marc Monrose last September, is looking forward to the showdown against Arslan. “We are both under contract with German promoters,” the 24-year-old said. “That makes the fight very special. It will be very interesting for the German boxing fans. I am really looking forward to it.”

f i g h t n e w s
      I don't think this is a good "first fight back" for Arslan. He took an enormous amount of punishment in his last fight and to come back against a guy whose KO'd his last 5 opponents doesn't seem like such a good idea...

Comment

It's odd that Jones is seen as a big cruiserweight when used to be a welterweight/light middleweight contender a decade ago.

Not saying that it's wrong because he does look bigger than Arslan although Arslan has been a natural CW for his whole career.

He is just one of those fighters whose tall frame has been able to carry the extra weight very well.
        Last edited by TheGreatA; 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X