Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs and Golovkin is a 50/50 fight. Here is why...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs and Golovkin is a 50/50 fight. Here is why...

I've already established that Jacobs is underrated. He is in fact better than either Badou Jack and James Degale p4p because of his domination in his division(not close decisions) even including his loss. He's never lost a decision or drew with anyone.

Basically the only film on Jacobs is a single punch to beat him. He hasn't shown vulnerability anywhere else. He's never been outboxed over an extended period. He was never officially down on any scorecards. these are facts.

Now because he's fighting Golovkin, he has been relegated to bum status by the petrified darker skin posters. They are scared out of their tree that Golovkin is going to KO another one of their own.

Now let's examine the facts:

- Jacobs is faster hands than Golovkin (when gunslingers come to battle, whoever has the quicker draw has the edge, not who comes with the bigger gun)

- Jacobs has a sick left hook to the body. short and quick. with KO power

- Jacobs has a sick inside right uppercut

Due to these facts and most importantly due to speed.... Jacobs should deliver his shots off faster and more often to GGG than the other way around. I actually don't think even GGG can take Jacobs' power and he's getting up there in age.

GGG didn't look comfortable taking body shots from Monroe Jr. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be weak there. Jacobs can come in and dig that left hook down there...... who knows we might have a tyrell moment.

GGG does have a better chin but it doesn't matter. Jacobs has the kind of power that erases a great chin. Like with Kid Chocolate. Quillin has a very very good chin. he started boxing late and he's slow with no head movement. He took Andy Lee's flush right hooks. The only reason he beat Ndam is because he took everything and the kitchen sink from Ndam and Ndam couldn't take his shots. But Jacobs blew QUillin out in 1 round.
    Last edited by HeadShots; 01-25-2017, 05:02 PM.

That's ******ed. Jacobs better than jack now?

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      I've already established that Jacobs is underrated. He is in fact better than either Badou Jack and James Degale p4p because of his domination in his division(not close decisions) even including his loss. He's never lost a decision or drew with anyone.

Basically the only film on Jacobs is a single punch to beat him. He hasn't shown vulnerability anywhere else. He's never been outboxed over an extended period. He was never officially down on any scorecards. these are facts.

Now because he's fighting Golovkin, he has been relegated to bum status by the petrified darker skin posters. They are scared of out of tree that Golovkin is going to KO another one of their own.

Now let's examine the facts:

- Jacobs is faster hands than Golovkin (when gunslingers come to battle, whoever has the quicker draw has the edge, not who comes with the bigger gun)

- Jacobs has a sick left hook to the body. short and quick. with KO power

- Jacobs has a sick inside right uppercut

Due to these facts and most importantly due to speed.... Jacobs should deliver his shots off faster and more often to GGG than the other way around. I actually don't think even GGG can take Jacobs' power and he's getting up there in age.

GGG didn't look comfortable taking body shots from Monroe Jr. I have a sneaking suspicion that he might be weak there. Jacobs can come in and dig that left hook down there...... who knows we might have a tyrell moment.

GGG does have a better chin but it doesn't matter. Jacobs has the kind of power that erases a great chin. Like with Kid Chocolate. Quillin has a very very good chin. he started boxing late and he's slow with no head movement. The only reason he beat Ndam is because he took everything and the kitchen sink from Ndam and Ndam couldn't take his shots. But Jacobs blew QUillin out in 1 round.
      Man this site is stuck on race.. BostonGuy
      Last edited by Larry the boss; 01-25-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        That's ******ed. Jacobs better than jack now?

yes.

Jack drew with a bum named Periban and a bunch of others. He's tooth and nail. no domination. and got KOed by a bum Edwards.

Jacobs lost to an undefeated skilled fighter and since then he's dominated his division.

he also has a better win than Jack over undefeated Kid Chocolate. He KOed him.

Comment

Why are Golovkin diehards always overselling his opponents chances??

You should be telling us how Jacobs doesn't have the chin to withstand GGG's power. I mean it's the highest KO percentage in history

You were telling us how Golovkin beats MW Roy Jones, Hagler, Eubank Sr and other greats but him vs Jacobs is 50-50?

Are you on meth???

Comment

this is not a 50/50 fight

Jacobs is a solid fighter but i dont expect him to last the distance

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Why are Golovkin diehards always overselling his opponents chances??

You should be telling us how Jacobs doesn't have the chin to withstand GGG's power. I mean it's the highest KO percentage in history

You were telling us how Golovkin beats MW Roy Jones, Hagler, Eubank Sr and other greats but him vs Jacobs is 50-50?

Are you on meth???

Styles make fights. Roy Jones is an outside fighter who GGG would corner and decapitate.

Hagler is a smaller version of GGG who he would literally eat.

Eubank Sr is slowfooted and would get outboxed amateur style.

Jacobs has fast hands and feet with 90% KO ratio. and he's longer. He has at least a puncher's chance in any MW fight due to his ability to deliver that power.

Comment

yes.

Jack drew with a bum named Periban and a bunch of others. He's tooth and nail. no domination. and got KOed by a bum Edwards.

Jacobs lost to an undefeated skilled fighter and since then he's dominated his division.

jacobs has not dominated his division at all.. wow

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  jacobs has not dominated his division at all.. wow
                  he has dominated his competition.

jack has not. simple as that. all decisions. splits and draws against bums.

Comment

yes.

jack beat periban by a wide margin and got robbed, this is well known to anyone who follows boxing. he dominated that fight and he dominated dirrell too and many other quality fighters. he clearly beat degale and bute as well, both of whom are better than anyone jacobs has faced as is jack himself.

(edit: you clearly dont actually watch boxing other than perhaps golovkin and one or two others, otherwise you would be aware of the above. you cant expect ppl to take your opinions seriously when they are based on articles and boxrec. nor when they make no ****ing sense and are ridiculous in general.)

quillin isnt on any of their level. lets keep in mind thats jacobs only impressive win as well and he caught the guy really early, we didnt get to see much of how his skills held up. just that he has power which we already knew.

but back to jack, who did get beat by edwards. but the way he bounced back he has proved that was a fluke loss. he just got caught cold in the first round, he has proved that he has a world class chin by absorbing massive shots from guys like dirrell, degale and bute. all big punchers, bute one of the hardest hitters in the sport.

jacobs on the other hand has one of the worst chins in the game, dude has been hurt numerous times by guys who arent even punchers like mora, ishe smith and others. he was knocked out in the amateurs too, numerous times i believe. at no point in his career has he showed an ability to take a good punch, rather he has consistently showed the opposite.

jack and degale would both knock him out, as would dirrell. he would have a punchers chance against bute who isnt the most durable guy himself but i would still favor him over jacobs.

i dont want to **** on jacobs too much, i am in no way calling him a bum or saying that he wont be a good win for golovkin. but to say he is better than degale or jack is just nonsense. they would crush that glass jaw of his.
                    Last edited by #1Assassin; 01-25-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X