Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Calzaghe vs Prime RJJ @168: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
    RJJ would destroy Calzaghe
    It would be a war.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTEP View Post
      Roy Jones was roided out of his mind back then but i'll still go with Joe by split decision. Calzaghe was special.
      I like this post.

New posters need to get in in this timeless debate.

Comment

• Thursday bump of peace.

Comment

• Jones at his best at 168 was unbeatable IMO. Calzaghe would have to make it an inside fight and force Jones to the ropes. Roy had better footwork. I would favor Jones by UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Jones at his best at 168 was unbeatable IMO. Calzaghe would have to make it an inside fight and force Jones to the ropes. Roy had better footwork. I would favor Jones by UD.
            Yea Roy was a nightmare for anyone, any style. Would be a great fight.

Comment

• Joe remembers my thread inspired by daggum.

Comment

• Roy...too fast for Calzaghe imo just like everyone else. I think its possible Roy could stop him early due to the fact that Calzaghe is actually an ambitious fighter who would turn up to win, otherwise it's a UD after the fight settles into a pattern.

Calzaghe belongs in that ring, and would probably win a few rounds off activity, but unless Roy has long spells tucked up with his back on the ropes I dont see Joe having lots of success.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Calzaghe showed me absolutely nothing to suggest he would be competitive with Roy Jones.

Different caliber of fighters.
                  No additional word necessary.

Comment

• The king of slaps - Calzaghe - would be slapped all night long. With hammers.

Comment

• - -The Super Joe that dismantled undefeated KO artist Lacy and undefeated great Kessler would by far be the best fighter Roy ever fought. He ruined poor Lacy for life.

Maybe someone can come up with a 2 fight streak by Roy that makes him better than the 50-50 I got.

Comment

Working...
                      X