Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it when a fighter loses there are 100000 excuses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    BTW what happened to you, why you changed your attitude like that? You used to be one of the worst trolls in here and now you acting like a respectful poster out of the sudden.
    Im 38 years old man

Comment

It’s the mindset a fighter has to have. He has to do Jedi tricks to rebuild his inner invincibility.

Sean O’Grady put it this way: a fighter never loses when he’s at his best, because if he’s at his best how could he lose?

Comment

I still can't figure out how Loma went from a wet behind the ears rookie that was too green for Salido to beating GRJ in a few months

Comment

sometimes there are reasons, sometimes those reasons are legitimate. boxing is kind of a strange sport like that, you might face an opponent only once in your whole career. if you haven't prepared properly for that opponent and you can't make the adjustments necessary in the few minutes you have, you have to live with that.

If there were a 3 knockdown rule in effect, JMM loses to Pacquiao and never gets a chance to adjust to his speed. if he says later that he wants a rematch, that he just hadn't adjusted to the speed yet, who would believe him?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            A fighter loses and posters give 10000 excuses and still claim they are the best..but when another fighter beats everyone there are 10000 excuses to discredit him??? seems like the worse you do the more you are defended and praised even when you resume isnt great at all..
            You're talking about FM.
            If a fighter calls himself TBE, he's gonna be held to a high standard.
            That goes with the territory.
            "If you can"t take the heat, get out of the kitchen".

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
              I still can't figure out how Loma went from a wet behind the ears rookie that was too green for Salido to beating GRJ in a few months
              he was cheated on the scales and also in the ring by Cole. that is hard to overcome when 99.9% of your experience is amateur experience.

Comment

Anthony Joshua is one and one of those excuses shouldn't have been that he was focused on Wilder. That was a dumb thing to say. He needs a publicist.

Comment

Floyd never made an excuse.

Comment

Idk why people get all weird about how someone lost. I mean the reality is people lose mostly cuz they were 2nd best on the night. But sometimes their are circumstances why they lost & I think for the fighter specifically its part of recovering from a L to lie to yourself or come up with reasons you weren't 100% that impacted the result.

I think mfers do this in EVERYTHING.

"I didn't get that job cuz I didn't...."

"We didn't win that game cuz...."

"I coulda f#cked that girl if I didn't say..."

I mean its a part of life to come up with reasons things didn't work out your way. Its not a boxing thing. Its a life thing & EVERYONE does it at some point of they are f#cking lying.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                      Floyd never made an excuse.
                      He had the shoulder injury excuse after Castillo 1

Comment

Working...
                      X