No announcement yet.

Pac’s win over Thurman best of any 40+ year old fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
    I don't know about Crawford, but Spence beat Kell Brook who at that time would have easily beat Danny Garcia, and had already beat Shawn Porter.

I'm not sure why people rate Thurman's win over Garcia so highly. Garcia has accomplished NOTHING at 147.
    Brook was damaged good after the GGG fight.

The eye socket and the stoppage was one thing, but blowing up to middleweight and putting on that muscle only to have to cut it again, really messes you up.

RJJ was never the same after moving up to heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Thurman was undefeated and beat two of the top five welterweights. He was the top WW in the division and certainly the most proven. Hopkins beat an overrated Tarver, a blown up 154 pounder, and overrated Pavlik. PAC was the smaller, older more **** fighter and puts on a clinic at 40, not even close.
      Thurman also beat those two top 5 WWs over two years ago and was inactive and didn't exactly look great in his last fight. Don't get me wrong, he was still quality but you are making it seem like this was Spence or Crawford that Pacquiao beat. No, it was a VERY good win everything considered but how the hell can this win be better than Foreman over Moorer? Don't let what happened later in Moorer's career fool you. This was a man coming off beating Holyfield and going undefeated in his LHW campaign. Sorry, but Thurman wasn't seen in the present moment as good as Moorer was for that fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Brook was damaged good after the GGG fight.

The eye socket and the stoppage was one thing, but blowing up to middleweight and putting on that muscle only to have to cut it again, really messes you up.

RJJ was never the same after moving up to heavyweight.
          Damaged goods? He sure didn't seem damaged goods in the fight. In fact, he was fighting like his usual self.

This damaged goods crap gets thrown far too much to minimize the win for the opponent. His body got broken down by Spence and his eye gave out and got stopped. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Thurman also beat those two top 5 WWs over two years ago and was inactive and didn't exactly look great in his last fight. Don't get me wrong, he was still quality but you are making it seem like this was Spence or Crawford that Pacquiao beat. No, it was a VERY good win everything considered but how the hell can this win be better than Foreman over Moorer? Don't let what happened later in Moorer's career fool you. This was a man coming off beating Holyfield and going undefeated in his LHW campaign. Sorry, but Thurman wasn't seen in the present moment as good as Moorer was for that fight.
            Not taking anything away from George, but if he doesn’t land that big right hand he loses the fight on the scorecards.

Comment

How old was Marquez when KTFO6 happened? 40?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Not taking anything away from George, but if he doesn’t land that big right hand he loses the fight on the scorecards.
                I mean that goes without saying, but he DID knock out Moorer...Who was better than this version of Thurman heading into the fight. Thurman vs Pacquiao was always seen as an pick-em type of fight for a reason. This wasn't a case of Pacquiao defying all the odds and doing the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                  I don't know about Crawford, but Spence beat Kell Brook who at that time would have easily beat Danny Garcia, and had already beat Shawn Porter.

I'm not sure why people rate Thurman's win over Garcia so highly. Garcia has accomplished NOTHING at 147.
                  On a P4P basis Danny was a solid win for Thurman, as a WW, that was a fight between the two best welters at the time. Brook was damaged goods after the Golovkin beatdown.

Comment

Also, Thurman was nothing special. Not a big deal win. He's a little bit better than Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                      How old was Marquez when KTFO6 happened? 40?
                      Close, but he was 39 when he knocked Pacman out.

Comment

Working...
                      X