Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack: Let's Do the Stevenson Rematch in Vegas, Sweden or the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada should be the location considering the very large crowd they had last night. Looked like there was well over 12k people there.

Sidenote: The crowd sizes for these Mayweather Promoted Showtime cards have been very large. I think Broner v. Granados is the only card in the last two years that didn't sell well. Apprently Al makes sure Floyd events make some money lol

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      It’s all subjective imo
      1 6 7 8 9 11 12
      I haven’t had the benefit of watching the fight again , not to mention I stayed up till 3am to watch the fight but the 1st round I distinctly remember thinking “ damn jack has put his roller skates on tonight”. He just circled and didn’t throw anything. Stevenson was the aggressor, maybe not effective aggression but he was letting his hands go and Jack for that round looked like he didn’t want any part of it. I can’t see anyone scoring the 1st round to jack but having said that I think I need to start watching fights with binoculars because when I watch it a second time I see so many punches I didn’t see on first watch

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        I haven’t had the benefit of watching the fight again , not to mention I stayed up till 3am to watch the fight but the 1st round I distinctly remember thinking “ damn jack has put his roller skates on tonight”. He just circled and didn’t throw anything. Stevenson was the aggressor, maybe not effective aggression but he was letting his hands go and Jack for that round looked like he didn’t want any part of it. I can’t see anyone scoring the 1st round to jack but having said that I think I need to start watching fights with binoculars because when I watch it a second time I see so many punches I didn’t see on first watch

You see so many different things once you watch a fight for the second time. Jack actually landed more punches and power punches in the 1st and 4th round. Stevenson was definitely the aggressor but was it effective aggression? Putting pressure on a guy looks good but I don’t think it should count unless punches are landing. Watch it again and tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Canada should be the location considering the very large crowd they had last night. Looked like there was well over 12k people there.

Sidenote: The crowd sizes for these Mayweather Promoted Showtime cards have been very large. I think Broner v. Granados is the only card in the last two years that didn't sell well. Apprently Al makes sure Floyd events make some money lol
          Toronto Canada is not a boxing city bro. Only reason it was there is because of Adonis. I believe it was only 4K in attendance. It was a good fight but the crowd was silent
          Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 05-20-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Canada is not a boxing city bro. Only reason it was there is because of Adonis. I believe it was only 4K in attendance. It was a good fight but the crowd was silent
            Canada is a city? The fight was in Toronto and that crowd was definitely larger than 4k people. Looked easily over 10k. There were several shots from the sky cam, the inner bowl was full (Air Canada Centre). At a boxing match that usually means attendance is north of 10k.

Comment

Canada is a city? The fight was in Toronto and that crowd was definitely larger than 4k people. Looked easily over 10k. There were several shots from the sky cam, the inner bowl was full (Air Canada Centre). At a boxing match that usually means attendance is north of 10k.
              I meant Toronto

Comment

If it was in America or the UK I believe it would of had well over 10k in attendance. It was a good fight imo. I wasn’t trying to be sarcastic or funny but it was really only 4K in attendance. Usually when I make a statement on here I make sure I’ve done my research. I never post anything false.
                I just don’t think boxing is that popular in Canada.

Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 05-20-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X