Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Thurman's Right; I Must Prove Myself at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
    Same here.. its all about character for me.. if u lose.. u lose.. ill still pay to watch if u are a warrior.. and got heart.. which is why i still support a.b and austin trout..
    I support AB, because he did so much at such a young age that I don't want to accept that he's already "washed up!"

I do NOT support Austin Trout getting a title shot vs. Jermell Charlo in June! That's not because I dislike Trout, I just don't think he deserves another shot so fast! I would've rather seen Tony Harrison get that shot before Trout. Trout has faced Canelo, Lara, Jermall Charlo, and Hurd, and loss to all of them, and now he gets another shot? Nah B! That's not right!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I support AB, because he did so much at such a young age that I don't want to accept that he's already "washed up!"

I do NOT support Austin Trout getting a title shot vs. Jermell Charlo in June! That's not because I dislike Trout, I just don't think he deserves another shot so fast! I would've rather seen Tony Harrison get that shot before Trout. Trout has faced Canelo, Lara, Jermall Charlo, and Hurd, and loss to all of them, and now he gets another shot? Nah B! That's not right!
      I agree with you on Trout. However, if you want an opponent who will bring the best out of you and won't haggle over money, Trout is your guy. He is the epitome of a gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Most belts, best wins, best viewership ratings, best attendance and the #1 spot.
        All true YET Spence and Crawford are the names on the tip of everyone tongue at WW. When most mention Keith these days its not to praise his past accomplishments. Not doing himself any favors with his mouth. Hes one of my favs and i havent bet against him once as he is as good as advertised. But i am objective and Thurman needs to fight more and talk less. He may not be, but when he talks he makes a lot of us feel as if he is affraid to fight Spence. Personally i think Keith would fancy a Crawford clash sooner than a Spence one.

Comment

He won't be proving anything when a 40yo Pacquiao already beat that guy he is about to fight, that's the truth.
          Bob Arum is gonna cherry pick and make TC fight bums in one of the strongest divisions in boxing, probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            But no KOs since 2014 (Julio Diaz), 1 fight in 2016, 1 fight in 2017, and an expected tune-up for 2018? That's not getting it done for me, and it's not a good look for a guy that calls himself "One-Time!" I was a fan of Thurman until he started telling guys like Spence Jr. and Crawford that they need to "work their way up to his level."

The sport is called boxing, not knockouts. And for the record, he stopped Collazo.

Thurman has had injury problems since his amateur days, he missed over a year of boxing between 2011-2012 (I think) due to a serious hand injury. So people thinking he's faking injuries because he's scared/ducking need to find another sport.

He told Spence he needs to prove himself when Spence actually needed to prove himself. He hasn't said that since Spence won his title, all he's said is he needs to get back healthy, deal with his mandatory, then talk about Spence.

As for Crawford, he himself has agreed with Thurman...if you look on the main page you'll see the article.

I understand the fans' frustration, I want to see Thurman back in the ring ASAP, but not if he's not 100% healthy. He's been boxing for over 20 years to get to where he's at, he's not going to jeopardize what he's achieved because a few boxingscene nerds are unhappy.

What I will say is, if he can't get himself fit and ready for that comeback fight by the end of July, it's only fair that he drops his belts and is guaranteed a shot when he's back. I'm a big Thurman fan but I'm a bigger fan of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              I agree with you on Trout. However, if you want an opponent who will bring the best out of you and won't haggle over money, Trout is your guy. He is the epitome of a gatekeeper.
              Trout is definitely a WARRIOR, but he and Harrison were both KO's by Jarrett Hurd. Harrison (27) has fought twice since his KO loss, and won his most recent bout by TKO. Trout (32) fought once and won an 8-rounder by UD. I don't think he should be fighting for a title yet. Honestly, Castano or Islam should be fighting Charlo, since Jacobs snagged Charlo's mando (Maciej Sulecki) for a fight @ 160.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                The sport is called boxing, not knockouts. And for the record, he stopped Collazo.

Thurman has had injury problems since his amateur days, he missed over a year of boxing between 2011-2012 (I think) due to a serious hand injury. So people thinking he's faking injuries because he's scared/ducking need to find another sport.

He told Spence he needs to prove himself when Spence actually needed to prove himself. He hasn't said that since Spence won his title, all he's said is he needs to get back healthy, deal with his mandatory, then talk about Spence.

As for Crawford, he himself has agreed with Thurman...if you look on the main page you'll see the article.

I understand the fans' frustration, I want to see Thurman back in the ring ASAP, but not if he's not 100% healthy. He's been boxing for over 20 years to get to where he's at, he's not going to jeopardize what he's achieved because a few boxingscene nerds are unhappy.

What I will say is, if he can't get himself fit and ready for that comeback fight by the end of July, it's only fair that he drops his belts and is guaranteed a shot when he's back. I'm a big Thurman fan but I'm a bigger fan of the sport.
                Your last paragraph is where I'm at! WBC should go ahead and order Porter vs. Garcia for the interim WW title ASAP. Keith then has a choice of facing the winner of Matthysse vs. Pacquiao, or Porter vs. Garcia! If he's not ready in 2018, then it's time to strip those belts!

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
                  All true YET Spence and Crawford are the names on the tip of everyone tongue at WW. When most mention Keith these days its not to praise his past accomplishments. Not doing himself any favors with his mouth. Hes one of my favs and i havent bet against him once as he is as good as advertised. But i am objective and Thurman needs to fight more and talk less. He may not be, but when he talks he makes a lot of us feel as if he is affraid to fight Spence. Personally i think Keith would fancy a Crawford clash sooner than a Spence one.
                  He's not fighting more because of injury problems. You think he likes not being paid? He's not going to talk about fighting Spence and Crawford because he can't even get fit to fight a comeback fight. He's keeping it real with the fans and only talking about the immediate future, which is to get back healthy and deal with his mandatory.

Would you rather he did what a lot of other fighters do, pretend to want to fight x, y and z, without actually intending on fighting them?

Comment

I just hope 1 day Bud schools the hypejob known as Errol Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      "So it’s great for me to start off with a top welterweight, for a world title, in my first welterweight fight..."-Bud

This is for the dumb wanna be fans & abel that say Jermall don't deserve to fight lil g....It's been done many times so no excuse.

Sorry can't let these kind of things just slip by.
                      Why you relating this to Golovkin? You're fackin obsessed with him. You should study Bud's response to this and learn a thing or two about class, you plant-pot.

Comment

Working...
                      X