Originally posted by drew1830 View Post
    Canelo vs.

Angulo: 350k
    Lara: 325k
    Cotto: 938k
    Khan: 600k
    Smith: 300k
    Chavez: 1.0m

Canelo isn't a big draw all by himself. Wide fluctuations based on who he was fighting and HOW BIG THE FIGHT WAS.
    Wilder vs anyone. 0 PPV
    Joshua vs anyone. 0 PPV

You're proving yourself wrong but are too stupid to realise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Wilder vs anyone. 0 PPV
      Joshua vs anyone. 0 PPV

You're proving yourself wrong but are too stupid to realise it.
      So, yes, I summed up your argument accurately.

Comment

So, yes, I summed up your argument accurately.
        You can't sum up **** pal. You're too stupid to do anything.

"This guys that does 12k tickets and 1 mil gates is going to do 11mil + gates against this guy that never fought in America"

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          You can't sum up **** pal. You're too stupid to do anything.
          Your entire argument is that they've never had a PPV before so therefore their fight couldn't possibly be a big PPV draw.

I shouldn't have to point out the obvious hole in that argument.

But, yes, I did sum it up accurately as any reading of my previous posts would confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
            So why is it a given that Wilder v AJ does more buys in the US?

Wilder has no evidence to prove he can shift PPVs. He’s not a national star. I mean, he’s a great talker an excellent self promoter, a good fighter, an unbeaten heavyweight champion who can brutally KO people. Yet a Mexican and a Kazakh who can’t speak 5 words of English between them are bigger stars than him in his own country?

Why is that? Because Wilder’s promotion and management is a joke. They are at best incompetent. So you’ll forgive Matchroom and AJ for not listening a word Leonard Ellerbe has to say. He’s frankly a self serving turd of a promoter/advisor/manager/leech whatever he is.

Because Drew said a fight between two unbeaten big hitting heavyweight champions generates more money in Vegas, so askin whether the event tonight, which met that criteria would have done better numbers over there.
            This is why you negotiate fights. When you look at the gates here and abroad, there is your answer. GG and Canelo just proved this.

There are all kinds of projections and risks going on. In America both fighters bring something to the table and if promoted right both can make millions.

Comment

Your entire argument is that they've never had a PPV before so therefore their fight couldn't possibly be a big PPV draw.

I shouldn't have to point out the obvious hole in that argument.

But, yes, I did sum it up accurately as any reading of my previous posts would confirm.
              My whole argument is they aren't draws in America, which them not being on PPV ever supports.

Every big fight in American history had a big draw fighting. Neither Wilder or Joshua are big draws.

Common sense is the fight will do badly. ******s LIKE YOU say it will do great. With no evidence to back your opinion up.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post

Because Drew said a fight between two unbeaten big hitting heavyweight champions generates more money in Vegas, so askin whether the event tonight, which met that criteria would have done better numbers over there.
                No. Neither is a star here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Dude what you guys don’t get is that people paid or were willing to pay a lot for that fight
                  For wilder vs aj they won’t
                  Neither one are stars
                  NO they would make big money in America easily because they're Heavyweights. Of course they won't do Mayweather money but they would draw a much larger gate here in America compared to fighting in front of a bigger crowd for a smaller gate in the UK

Neither one are big stars in America...YET but momentum no question is building for Wilder vs AJ even hear in America. Despite not going to the UK, Wilder did a great job making his rounds talking to the American Media about the potential of this fight

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    NO they would make big money in America easily because they're Heavyweights. Of course they won't do Mayweather money but they would draw a much larger gate here in America compared to fighting in front of a bigger crowd for a smaller gate in the UK

Neither one are big stars in America...YET but momentum no question is building for Wilder vs AJ even hear in America. Despite not going to the UK, Wilder did a great job making his rounds talking to the American Media about the potential of this fight
                    I didnt even bother reading your post cause I saw the interview on the breakfast club and I liked what he had to say now let me read your post

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      Vegas gate money for a big fight is far more than even the UK stadium fights, even with 4x less capacity. It's just a fact.

Joshua v Wilder in Vegas would have a very big gate receipt, i'm sure.
                      It may be more lucrative, although Vegas sales have been soft in recent fights, and with one foreign fighter and one American who has yet to show a massive following they may struggle, but even then the atmosphere there sucks. There's too many people who are only there because it's the biggest show in town at that point and many of them are completely apathetic.

I'm enjoying seeing these fights take place in front of crowds who really enjoy what they're seeing. The spectacle even for those watching on TV is really impressive in these massive stadia. So what if they can make slightly more fighting in front of some bored gamblers? Given I won't see any of that money I'm happy for them to stay where they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X