Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex boxer and now life in jail inmate Clifford Etienne has a new passion - Painting.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt that is even his work... someone on the outside is using his "fame" to sell painting$.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      "On June 22, 2006, following his trial in Baton Rouge, Etienne was found guilty and sentenced to 160 years in prison without parole for an allegedly cocaine-fueled crime spree that included robbing a check cashing business, carjacking and attempting to shoot a police officer. In April 2013 his sentence was reduced from 160 years to 105 years due to a technicality. Etienne is now a painter, painting artwork from prison"

you could say that haha
      His lawyers did a good job getting his sentence reduced....now he only has to do his WHOLE LIFE in jail.

Comment

It was funny when he took his own gumshield out when Tyson dropped him.

Comment

"On June 22, 2006, following his trial in Baton Rouge, Etienne was found guilty and sentenced to 160 years in prison without parole for an allegedly cocaine-fueled crime spree that included robbing a check cashing business, carjacking and attempting to shoot a police officer. In April 2013 his sentence was reduced from 160 years to 105 years due to a technicality. Etienne is now a painter, painting artwork from prison"

you could say that haha
          That seems like a lot of time for those crimes. Like serial killer times

Comment

That's pretty sad. If you're in jail I guess you got a lot of time to get creative while reflecting

Comment

He's pretty good. Not bad at all for a boxer

Comment

In April 2013 his sentence was reduced from 160 years to 105 years due to a technicality.
                Gee they must've had such a party that day. How can he ever repay his lawyers for that stroke of good fortune?

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  That seems like a lot of time for those crimes. Like serial killer times
                  Kidnapping and Shooting at a cop are no joke. Especially in NOLA.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                    Haha good grief. Nice little cocaine binge there!
                    He's a boxer he probably has CTE people like him and Jermaine Taylor shouldnt be shytted on and made fun of....But I waver cause what they caused to innocent people....

Comment

I don't know a lot about Louisiana criminal statute, but I'm guessing he had a pretty bad criminal history PRIOR to this offense.

I do know a little bit about LA criminal law, and I think they are the only state where French Jurisprudence is the origin for some of their laws (every other state is Anglo-Saxon Jurisprudence).

I also know that Louisiana is one of the worst states to be sentenced in (or best, depending on which side you're on).

He really got F'd in the sense that he was sentenced consecutively, rather than concurrently.

But yeah - without knowing anything - I'm guessing he had a bad criminal history which explains this harsh sentence.

Comment

Working...
                      X