Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: 12 More Fighters To Sign, They Won't Be Able To Stop Us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he has a decent strategy but is trying to spin it. He's mostly signing good amateurs that he can build up. He'll sign a few almost-top guys that still have potential too, but I don't think he'll be able to sign too many top draws. Mostly because those top draws will expect PBC treatment and to get millions for fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
      Time will prove me right big bad Benny, you wait and see. We Brits do it way better. Boxing in America needs a revival and a British man will give it what it needs. Hearn is a great at his job, yeah he's a knob but he'll make this work. Not that it'll be hard as all these American promoters are ****n useless, bar crusty ol Bob
      I hope you're right, but I am skeptical.

The advantage of promoting in the UK is that there is relatively little competition from other major sports. In the U.S., pro football, college football, pro football (NFL), college football, pro baseball, and a wide range of college sports all draw huge audiences. The U.S. market is very crowded and very competitive. Hearn is not going to change that.

In the UK, even mid-level fights - and worse - attract significant fan interest, but that's not the case at all in the U.S. Mediocre fights get completely ignored in the U.S. Eddie found that out the hard way with Daniel Jacobs. Eddie promoted two Jacobs fights, both in Jacobs' home town market but both mismatches, and NO ONE cared. Eddie sold less than 4,000 tickets for those two events COMBINED.

Not exactly a revival.

Comment

Working...
      X